Phantom 3 Standard very short range

Reaction score
I bought my P3S in october 2015 and everything was ok. After two months of flying I made a long winter break. When I resumed flying in the end of march I found that the range of my drone dramatically decreased to 50 meters. The behavior of the signal is very strange. Video link is always stable and full. But the RC link changes from full 5 bars to signal lost in 2 seconds. Sometimes it restores in 10 seconds, but sometimes it restores only in 20 meters. Drone can hoover in 30 meters from RC and the signal changes from 5 bars to signal lost. I opened the cover of my RC to check the antenna cable and I'm sure that it is not broken. I tried to fly far away from city to minimize the interferences but the result was the same. My P3S never had a crash.

What I tried to do:
1). Relink my RC about 20 times - nothing changed.
2). Upgrade and downgrade (when it was possible) the firmware using DJI GO app - nothing changed.
3). Upgrade and downgrade DJI GO app.

I found a guy who have the same problem. We tried to relink our RC to each other drones but the problem still remains.
In our local service I was told that only antenna boost can solve my problem. But I was satisfied with the range of standard antenna and only want to restore it back.

Try and make sure your RC has updated firmware. I had the same issue, updated RC firmware (don't turn on Phantom) and it was all fine.

How can I check version of my RC separetely from Phantom? DJI GO shows:
App: 2.8.0
Version: 1.5.70
Flight Controller SN: ...

I can't find any log files except for P3C_CAM_VERSION.

It only shows SN# on Standard, as far as I can tell.
You did do some kind of firmware upgrade since winter?
If so that seems to cause the problem, I pretty sure that once this happens you have to send it off for repair, this is the second time for me, I have been watching this problem since August. It may be a defective unit that fails when the firmware is updated..

No signal after update

I have about 20 bookmarks on this problem.

Try as much troubleshooting as you can but it's possible the transmitter modules were burned out. The tx has a warranty of 12 months so if you made no modifications then dji can fix it for you.
Only turn to warranty as a last resort, dealing with DJI support is a nightmare.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have opened the RC and check the cables. All seem to be connected. I think it is about the latest firmware or DJI GO app. After upgrading the range decreased. I am in Turkey and it would be a nightmare to send to DJI for warranty.

There is an app to increase the dbi of the controller and Phantom 3 to 27 dbi, you can find it there >>
The Magic power by Fadjar Hamidi - Jogjasky
There is a tutorial also it's quite simple.. Cheers ..
Use at your own risk .. It worked for me .. I think its more oriented for EU users who have more restrictive FCC limitations ..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers