phantom 3 standard upgrades?

Reaction score
i recently buy a phantom 3 standard and I just saw,that i can change the motors for other best, there are kde motors, they say are best in loud and save battery and more powerful , have you try it alredy? do you recomend it? and what about the propellers of carbon fiber? are they whort de money? and de carbon fiber body? have they improvements for the drone?
Thanks you so much, and sorry for my bad inglish

i recently buy a phantom 3 standard and I just saw,that i can change the motors for other best, there are kde motors, they say are best in loud and save battery and more powerful , have you try it alredy? do you recomend it? and what about the propellers of carbon fiber? are they whort de money? and de carbon fiber body? have they improvements for the drone?
Thanks you so much, and sorry for my bad inglish

Hi JauR, if this is your first phantom drone, I would get used to flying it and make sure there are no issues with it before you start changing motors and props. There are many posts regarding mods for the P3Standard and I am reading that some are good, some are bad. Maybe try using all the features including flying in Attitude mode to see how the drone feels before trying something different and maybe creating problems when there were none to start with.
Enjoy!

Welcome to the forum Jaur .:)
tevek just gave you some good advise .
If you just bought it and start modding it you will void your warranty .

I've seen many YouTube videos on the Carbon Fiber blades and apparently the *only* advantage to them is that they are stiffer and therefore have slight better reaction and acceleration properties. No noteworthy fly time improvement. The carbon fiber body might be aesthetically pleasing if you're into it. Either way your warrantee is voided with a body change or motor change.

I have not changed out my motors, but I do have 30+ years experience with land based electric RC and know quite a bit about motor technology.

In my experience, you won't see much of a gain in this situation. Your motor output is mostly limited by your power input (battery). If you wanted to make your motors turn faster, you'd need more volts (higher than 4C battery), with this I'm not so confident the stock ESC can handle that power and you may fry the mother board.

Basically what I am saying, if it's not fast enough for you; buy a P4 or build your own from ground up with components that can handle the desired power input.

I think the P3 is a well designed and technically balanced craft. Modifying things that alter the performance can have large unexpected adverse effects.

To echo what's said above, if this is your first drone just learn to fly for now. I'm sure you will be happy. If you think it's not fast, do a low fly over your head and you will see how quick it is. Things look slower up in the air. Happy flying!

thanks for to all responses, yes is my first drone and i will not move nothig is good in this state =) thanks you all

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic