PHANTOM 3 STANDARD RIBBON CABLE SNAFU

Reaction score
Hello, i feel i have searched the entirety of the internet and yet have found nothing related to the camera detachment from gimbal\ribbon cable break for the Standard, specifically. After doing research, i purchased a flex ribbon cable part 49 through DJI, which purportedly, is the type used in the phantom 3. however, it never mentions the standard, merely the other two. I got the ribbon cable and took apart the gimbal merely to determine if the ribbon would be compatible. Youtube has almost zero tutorials for ribbon replacement for ph 3's, (though a million for the vision 2 plus) Ultimately, it appears the ribbon is not compatible. (i assumed the gimbals for all classes of phantom 3 s were the same, but they may not be.

Either way, DO i have the right ribbon? if not, IS there one marketed for the standard, and if no, is anybody interested in buying a two week old standard with detached, though intact, gimbal and camera? i would raTHER sell the thing a deep discount and put the cash towards the advanced or professional.

thanks!

gullible and gimballess, esq

Don't think so happy . There are some difference's I've seen like the barrels on the lens not being threaded .
As far as that ribbon me don't have a clue .
Did think there was a YT on that ribbon replacement on the others and will look .

Reactions: happytreefriends
Ty, I appreciate the help... I'm going crazy... Didn't crash it just pressed to hard when I put the sd card in

I was worrying about doing the same. I think the gimbal design is way to weak from an engineering standpoint.

Is this the cable you speak of . IMG_0033.JPG All I saw and was in here . Like he said very little on YT . Seems simple enough to fix
but you still have to open it up .
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1443914198.980053.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1443914232.393925.jpg

I'm actually referring to the ribbon here, my cable coming out of the Phantom is fine, but it doesn't seem like the ribbon for the other phantoms matches the one for the standard, I swear that I saw the inside of the gimbal on the professional had two connectors

OUGH ! You way over my pay grade on that Jordan . If they look alike then they would seem to be the same .
Ours haven't been out long enough and had these problems to find much on this . Maybe the DJI forum would be
of more help with this or someone in the Pro/Adv section .
Think I will look for a ribbon protector now :eek:
I'm just not sure as far as to the P/A and S if some of this stuff will work on all 3 .
I know they have a fan and ours don't and they can screw filters in the lens tube and we can't .
Other than that I would think they would be real close .
Good luck Jordan and welcome to the forum :)

OUGH ! You way over my pay grade on that Jordan . If they look alike then they would seem to be the same .
Ours haven't been out long enough and had these problems to find much on this . Maybe the DJI forum would be
of more help with this or someone in the Pro/Adv section .
Think I will look for a ribbon protector now :eek:
I'm just not sure as far as to the P/A and S if some of this stuff will work on all 3 .
I know they have a fan and ours don't and they can screw filters in the lens tube and we can't .
Other than that I would think they would be real close .
Good luck Jordan and welcome to the forum :)

and it took three days of intense google searching, but this seems to be it.

wow, wrong one. i think. maybe i would still work, but i doubt it

DJI Phantom 3 (All versions) DJIP3-085 Flexible Gimbal Flat Cable (Sta) - HeliPal

No there is only one connector thingy that links to the gimbals guts, the part that I have has two and I believe so do the professional and advanced gimbal guts

Please let me know if you have any success, as i damage my Yaw and ribbon on the gimbal of my standard. I couldn't find anywhere on the Internet for a replacement for the standard. The cost of the whole gimble £290 that I thought was very costly, also I needed a battery?So, I decided I buy another standard, but I want to fix damaged gimbal standard with either alternative gimbal or moded parts'.

Welcome to the forum sparky .
Ya see where to get the ribbon in post # 9 but would ask or just keep an eye open in classifieds or e bay and ya might find what you are needing .

View attachment 32666View attachment 32667

I'm actually referring to the ribbon here, my cable coming out of the Phantom is fine, but it doesn't seem like the ribbon for the other phantoms matches the one for the standard, I swear that I saw the inside of the gimbal on the professional had two connectors
The cable for the standard is different, completely different. I have been struggling with this to for about a month. The cable for the pro and adv has two large connectors at one end, The second is for the supposedly improved camera function that these units have. I tried dji, looked on amazon, tried local dealers, and had no luck. I did finally find the cable, model 85 not 49, at helipal.com. I am awaiting delivery now. The model 49 is specifically for the adv and pro, so you are out of luck there, but you can get another standard cable, you just have to work at it for awhile and then wait for it to be delivered from china.

Don't think so happy . There are some difference's I've seen like the barrels on the lens not being threaded .
As far as that ribbon me don't have a clue .
Did think there was a YT on that ribbon replacement on the others and will look .
I haven't seen anything on the net pertaining specifically to the standard, ribbon cable replace, gimbal disassembly, or anything else. It seems we are the redheaded stepchildren of the drone world. A lot of the videos say "its the same for all models of the phantom", referring to the gimbal or the ribbon, but it most definitely is not the same. None of the videos shows the two extra single wires the cnnect into the top of the gimbal, besides the large plug. I just ordered the cable, no 85, from embay. Now I have two on the way, and no longer than the original one lasted, I think I'll need em.

Hello, i feel i have searched the entirety of the internet and yet have found nothing related to the camera detachment from gimbal\ribbon cable break for the Standard, specifically. After doing research, i purchased a flex ribbon cable part 49 through DJI, which purportedly, is the type used in the phantom 3. however, it never mentions the standard, merely the other two. I got the ribbon cable and took apart the gimbal merely to determine if the ribbon would be compatible. Youtube has almost zero tutorials for ribbon replacement for ph 3's, (though a million for the vision 2 plus) Ultimately, it appears the ribbon is not compatible. (i assumed the gimbals for all classes of phantom 3 s were the same, but they may not be.

Either way, DO i have the right ribbon? if not, IS there one marketed for the standard, and if no, is anybody interested in buying a two week old standard with detached, though intact, gimbal and camera? i would raTHER sell the thing a deep discount and put the cash towards the advanced or professional.

thanks!

gullible and gimballess, esq
Helipal has model 85, and another co on ebay, and its a US co, and free shipping! And the ribbon is cheaper too!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic