Phantom 3 Standard range problems

Reaction score
Hello Guys,

Great Forum!! I have a Phantom 3 standard and the max distance I been able to fly it at the beach is 300 mts and 98 meters altitude before loosing signal.Any idea whats happening? I used to have a phantom 2 vision plus and I remember that you were supposed to turn some screws at the back of the controller to make it go a bit further not sure if this is the same situation. Appreciate any help

Luis

Welcome to the forum Luis.
The Go app will decide which it should be in .
Is not like the P2 where you switch it on the back .

Reactions: Martian Bear
I also have a range problem with my P3S. At 600 ft it goes RTH. Does anyone know if it is possible to use a 5,8 Ghz Patch or Helical FPV antenna on the RC transmitter?

There is an app to increase the dbi of the controller and Phantom 3 to 27 dbi, you can find it there >>
The Magic power by Fadjar Hamidi - Jogjasky
There is a tutorial also it's quite simple.. Cheers ..
Use at your own risk .. It worked for me .. I think its more oriented for EU users who have more restrictive FCC limitations ..

I also have a range problem with my P3S. At 600 ft it goes RTH. Does anyone know if it is possible to use a 5,8 Ghz Patch or Helical FPV antenna on the RC transmitter?
Lots of us have put DBS panels on the P3S. It will increase your range but 600' sounds like there may be a problem with it. Have you contacted DJI about it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.