Phantom 3 Standard range mod , let's do it together...

Nice to hear that but which button ? :D
In the internet there is a procedure to press button on mainboard but I don't see any ( at the back of motherboard )
It is this:

Rc_6.png

I tried it. During boot this causes reinstalling all the packages, but does not change any settings like SSID or password.

/etc/init.d/rcS

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Watch the video, I made the filenames in colored blue, but it looks like i might need to revise the video and make the filenames blinking red or something ;P
Thank you so much, can't wait to try it out :)

It is this:

Rc_6.png

I tried it. During boot this causes reinstalling all the packages, but does not change any settings like SSID or password.
Does it work for bricked remote? I'm just wondering how it can reset the remote wifi configuration to default, maybe through the 5 gHz connection?

View attachment 56598 Phantom 3 hackers cheat sheet ;)

Wow man, awesome work! Thank you! I've never seen anyone get so deep into the DJI systems. I bet you DJI is scrambling right now to change all FTP passwords and load them in the next FW update.
Now the million dollar question! Actually, the $1,640.00 dollar one (or 500 Euros in European monies)..
Have you, by any chance, noticed any 'max-altitude-limit' related code? Like the 1640'/500m numbers anywhere?
Do you think its also hard-coded somewhere into the system? Or is it hidden somewhere in the Go app?

P.S.: not that i would ever fly over 400' feet (its against FAA rules and regs people!), but just, you know, for educational purposes, in the name of science! ;)...

Reactions: AngryBird
My Phantom 3 std looks like an USA model (judging from the us plug of the charger), gonna have a look to the files after fw upgrade.
I think that it's a goog idea to modify the parameters in a temporary way only before flights. Any chance to do the mod with the same tablet I am using for flight?

My Phantom 3 std looks like an USA model (judging from the us plug of the charger), gonna have a look to the files after fw upgrade.
I think that it's a goog idea to modify the parameters in a temporary way only before flights. Any chance to do the mod with the same tablet I am using for flight?
yes, just get an FTP client app for your tablet. I would probably use a pc instead (typing easier, better overview etc)

Use the russian video. He made it nice and clear.
Fckrs are lean to do some work but they're first to make a video.
Don't give him likes, he is a copy cat.
Everyone here knows that you are the man who broke the chains. Thumbs up for you man!

I wonder if you create another video how to increase dbi radio tx power, it would be very helpful for noobs like me, who have no idea about programming :)

What is telnet ?

Last edited:
Reactions: MasterBlaster
These are my files. Use it as reference.
I think this is the final solution and I'm going to leave it like that. Last change I made was power mode from fixed to limit, the reason was transmitter on fixed was overheating the little wifi board inside the remote.

The iwinfo now shows:

wlan0 ESSID: "PHANTOM3_CENSORED"
Access Point: CENSORED
Mode: Client Channel: 2 (2.417 GHz)
Tx-Power: 27 dBm Link Quality: 70/70
Signal: -23 dBm Noise: -95 dBm
Bit Rate: 130.0 MBit/s
Encryption: WPA2 PSK (CCMP)
Type: nl80211 HW Mode(s): 802.11abgn
Hardware: unknown [Generic MAC80211]
TX power offset: unknown
Frequency offset: unknown
Supports VAPs: yes PHY name: phy0

I'm really sorry for those who fried their remote controllers. I've modified my own about a 100 times in last 3 days. Never lost connection or anything .... I don't know. Don't use suspicious FTP clients maybe...

I use linux, I'm connecting to via mc (Midnight Commander) on Ubuntu.

The exact command I use to connect is :

mc ftp://root:[email protected]

From there I'm able to tranfer files to and from remote connection straight to my local home folder.

To edit files I use gedit or nano.

Hope this helps.
T.

Attachments

• rcS_192.168.1.1.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 600
  • rcS_192.168.1.2.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 499
Last edited:
I think this is the final solution and I'm going to leave it like that. Last change I made was power mode from fixed to limit, the reason was transmitter on fixed was overheating the little wifi board inside the remote.

The iwinfo now shows:

I'm really sorry for those who fried their emotes. I've modified my own about a 100 times in last 3 days. Never lost connection or anything .... I don't know. Don't use suspicious FTP clients maybe...

From there I'm able to tranfer files to and from remote connection straight to my local home folder.

Hope this helps.
T.
Hi, thank you for all your efforts! I haven't had the chance to try it out myself yet, but I saw your instruction video and then your 2 attached files in your recent post.

According to the video, only once (pr. file) should the 'GB' be changed to 'OK'.

But in each attached file, GB appears twice - should GB be changed twice then ?

Unbelievable i only discovered this topic today. :confused:

Does anyone know what is located at 192.168.1.20 in the phantom network?

Unbelievable i only discovered this topic today. :confused:

Does anyone know what is located at 192.168.1.20 in the phantom network?

1.20 is your device, either tablet or PC, whatever you have connected at the moment to your PHANTOM3_XXXXX network

The iwinfo now shows:

I'm really sorry for those who fried their emotes. I've modified my own about a 100 times in last 3 days. Never lost connection or anything .... I don't know. Don't use suspicious FTP clients maybe...

Hope this helps.
T.

hey bro can I add the exact same coding from your "rcS" files to mine??? and i m using FileZilla FTP client and I also never had a connection problem...

Up to you whether you want to just add the lines or copy over the file.
I don't know what your rcS looks like. I believe it is identical to mine. However I don't know 100%.
Make sure the file permissions stay the same as the original ones in your drone and remote.

Up to you whether you want to just add the lines or copy over the file.
I don't know what your rcS looks like. I believe it is identical to mine. However I don't know 100%.
Make sure the file permissions stay the same as the original ones in your drone and remote.

OK bro I will compare all the coding and after that I will add. Thanks

Hello,
made the changes to "OK" in Remote´s and Aircraft´s rcs-files and restarted both. Now I got no Wifi-Connection anymore. Can control the aircraft via RC, but no connection to mobile device or laptop. Can you help me please?

There is no help. You either have to send it to DJI for repair or do what i did and buy a new remote. I was lucky and only modified the remote code before it lost connection. You might be in deep poo having done both :(

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

As SingLag said "If editing the text file at windows, pls use notepad++ (Linux text file is 7bit, and windows is 8bit) when uploading file via ftp, pls use acsii mode"

We need to have this reminded somewhere constantly in order to avoid more bricked remotes.

There is no help. You either have to send it to DJI for repair or do what i did and buy a new remote. I was lucky and only modified the remote code before it lost connection. You might be in deep poo having done both :(

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

hey bro dont need buy a remote.. if you are using 1.6.8 firmware then download 1.5.7 firmware. and put it in to a SD card. turn on the remote, turn on the aircraft, and then put the SD card to drone.. then I will downgrade the firmware in to 1.5.7+ so all the thing you made will be fixed.. you can do this because you are only loosing video feed...

Has anyone flown the quad after the hack? Curious to see the result. Everybody seems busy with hacking and nobody reports the result yet. Cheers.

Has anyone flown the quad after the hack? Curious to see the result. Everybody seems busy with hacking and nobody reports the result yet. Cheers.
I'll see next week, I burnt my 5 gHz transceiver during antennas changes... XD

But I think Ojcze Nasz did it since his records show:
The iwinfo now shows: