Phantom 3 standard range issues

Reaction score
I recently got my Dji phantom 3 standard. I had hoped for so much, but it tuned out to be garbage...
Out of the box, I get approxiomatly 70 meters range before "rc signal is lost" appears. Do any of you know how I can fix this? I have flown in different location, and with different angels on the antenna.
I have contacted Dji support, but as you may know they have a terrible support and couldnt help me with anything.

Sorry for my bad english :/

Thanks in advance for reply :)

Hi Joakim, have you updated the firmware? I did and now have the same problem. I too got intouch with DJI with no joy.
Maybe the next update will solve this problem.

Make sure to update the bird and RC separately.

Hi Joakim, have you updated the firmware? I did and now have the same problem. I too got intouch with DJI with no joy.
Maybe the next update will solve this problem.
Probably...... Not.
What firmware is loaded on the bird?

Here is a few links :eek:, unless it is an antenna connection, usually has to be repaired.
Can you return it?

Standard - Short range P3S
I am currently on firmware version: 1.6.80

I had the same problem with the previus update, and hoped it would be fixed...

Ok newbie question - what happens when you reach the range limit. Is there a warning. Does the P3s just stop and hover? Sorry never wanted to risk it :)
If you have set the range limit to for example 60 meter, it will stop at 60 meter. You will not be able to go past that "invisible wall".

If you have set the range limit to for example 60 meter, it will stop at 60 meter. You will not be able to go past that "invisible wall".

EVERYONE... is this the one for 399 or 499 that they sell at Sam's Club and elsewhere? If so there should be no surprise. It says right on the display at sam's club it only goes about half a mile. Have you read the manual? The real one you have to download from DJI not the pamphlet that comes with the copter? It does NOT use the lightbridge technology that the phantom 3 Advanced and Professional do. I have a P3 professional have and flown it 3 miles no problem! For this fact alone I would not buy a Standard. If I'm correct I don't think it has the vision positioning system on the bottom either for indoor flight... I might be totally off here but I know there is a version that only uses wifi and goes 1/2 mile at best. The P3 Advanced is the best bang for the buck in my opinion for 699 or 799. It has all the great features of the professional just not 4K video. but it has 2.7K video, and has lightbridge. Also pure distance is not the only issue. You may not need to go three miles, BUT you may be in the city or a neighborhood with 400 wifi routers going that your weak signal can't push through. So a strong signal is good for more than just long distance, It's good for flying in a heavy radio wave environment. i hope this helps and don't mean to sound like a jerk, it just seems everyone is so surprised. I might have the wrong model in mind and you may be having a real issue....BEST of luck and if you do have the model I'm thinking of return it if you can, and get the P3 Advanced.

You have to pair the remote and drone after the firmware update, have you done this?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have tried many things.
* downgrade to 1.5.70
* tried different dji go apps
* tried in different locations with and without windsurfer
* restoring phone

But no success! still getting the signal lost message in 100 150 meters

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 using Tapatalk

No fixes at all. Need to send it back. They have replaced one of the members p3s with a new one in DJI forum

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20