Phantom 3 Standard Problems. Help :(

Reaction score
I just got my Phantom 3 Standard after waiting for 8 days and I'm already having multiple problems. First, no wifi network shows up, second, motors won't start up, third, I can't reset the wifi link. When I turn the gimbal dial to the right and toggle the s2 switch to reset it, I just get a blinking light that won't do anything other than that. The only thing I can do is move the camera up and down. That's it. What is going on????

Not trying to sound rude amckim but looks like ya need to read some more in the manual maybe :)

because its important to read.gif
;)

What did I miss? I've read it twice...
Well I don't know but you must have missed something bro ! You missed only to post the same question
in one section in our guidelines so you have had to miss something or hope you have ! Maybe someone in the other post in the Standard sub forum where you asked this will jump in soon and be able to help you :)

Well I don't know but you must have missed something bro ! You missed only to post the same question
in one section in our guidelines so you have had to miss something or hope you have ! Maybe someone in the other post in the Standard sub forum where you asked this will jump in soon and be able to help you :)
Upon doing some more research, I found out that the Phantom 3 Advance and Pro firmware applies to the Standard as well. I'll give it a try and see what happens but it's not in the manual....bro. :)

Upon doing some more research, I found out that the Phantom 3 Advance and Pro firmware applies to the Standard as well. I'll give it a try and see what happens but it's not in the manual....bro. :)
Will be watching and hope ya figure it out so ya can tell me in a few weeks :). ;)
Ya they the same pretty much .

Will be watching and hope ya figure it out so ya can tell me in a few weeks :). ;)
Ya they the same pretty much .
If you happen to know anything, why not help me out a little. I only know things about P2. I'm new to P3

If you happen to know anything, why not help me out a little. I only know things about P2. I'm new to P3
I would if I did and am helping you out . I read a lot in P3 and am going to have a S in a few weeks . If I had the answer to what you asked I would have gave it to you . Right now all I have is to tell you is to read !

I would if I did and am helping you out . I read a lot in P3 and am going to have a S in a few weeks . If I had the answer to what you asked I would have gave it to you . Right now all I have is to tell you is to read !
Found the Problem. Even though my phone is compatible for the Go App, the S3 will not connect to WiFi. Must connect to WiFi and activate the Phantom for first flight through the app. After that, I can fly without the app until I get a compatible device to use the WiFi.

Reactions: dirkclod
Found the Problem. Even though my phone is compatible for the Go App, the S3 will not connect to WiFi. Must connect to WiFi and activate the Phantom for first flight through the app. After that, I can fly without the app until I get a compatible device to use the WiFi.
What type of phone are you using now ?

Samsung Galaxy S3. These are the compatible phones and tablets for the Phantom 3. I have none of them lol:

• iOS: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus
  • Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Z3 EXPERIA, MI 3, MI PAD

Reactions: dirkclod
Samsung Galaxy S3. These are the compatible phones and tablets for the Phantom 3. I have none of them lol:

• iOS: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus
  • Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Z3 EXPERIA, MI 3, MI PAD
OK ..I saw that in msingers list and bought the Mini 2 Retina . Ya had me wondering there for a second :eek:

It'll be awhile before I can get something compatible. I'm $800 short on a dead phantom right now lol.

Unless I find a good friend to help out or DJI updates and allows Galaxy S3

Unless I find a good friend to help out or DJI updates and allows Galaxy S3
Well maybe ya have one . I was using a Mini 1 and went and just upgraded to the 2 and sold my 1 . Lost a little but what ya gonna do !!

Well maybe ya have one . I was using a Mini 1 and went and just upgraded to the 2 and sold my 1 . Lost a little but what ya gonna do !!
It sucks cuz I waited 8 days and FedEx almost lost it. I was so excited when it showed up today. My first thought was I was one of the very few who got defects lol. I may sell my Playstation 3 and all my games just to get a tablet. I'm not a gamer anymore. I'm a pilot now haha.

It sucks cuz I waited 8 days and FedEx almost lost it. I was so excited when it showed up today. My first thought was I was one of the very few who got defects lol. I may sell my Playstation 3 and all my games just to get a tablet. I'm not a gamer anymore. I'm a pilot now haha.
It is very addicting and you will enjoy it more . Is better for you to be outside anyway than stuck on a couch . You will see things a lot differently
from above !!

Reactions: Drone Master

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl