Phantom 3 standard problem reattatching dampner

Reaction score
Hi, I have a dji standard 3 it fell from about 5 feet and hit a frozen pond. It still works but one of the white plastic dampners under the gimbal has come loose from the silver bracket. I am having a tough time reinserting the loose end through the hole. Any suggestions? Additionally there is a small gap in the front of the quad where the little white tabs are exposed. Not a huge gap but a gap none the less. The quad is only a couple of months old but I would prefer not to send it back to dji and not have it for months. Will the small gap in the seam cause any problems? Thanks for your help

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

Sorry to hear of your issues. :(
DJI repair service has gotten much better than it was months ago so turn around time is not to bad. Did you determine why it fell? If not it may need to be looked over by DJI so it is safe to use. Now that it has damage you want to be sure it is still airworthy. You don't want it falling again and subjecting it to more damage or worse, damaging property or hurting another person. The seam separation needs to be corrected also. So what do you think caused it to fall?

You can use tweezers to compress the damper and push it through the hole. You can also use a jewelers screwdriver to push the white tabs in and squeeze the shell closed.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks got it set back up. I might have to unscrew the 20 screws to have it sit properly.
Going to try a flight with it before i do and listen to the motors to make sure there is not an impact from the crash. I found the brute force method worked best with the gimbal dampner

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers