Phantom 3 Standard - Poor signal / performance out of the box.

Thanks again Rod,

I know it flashes up on the app in red at the top to update, is there anyway to permanently disable update reminders within DJI GO?

Just called my retailer to check to see if they received my return and had a very rude lady (first time I've had a bad experience speaking to retailer) telling me it was too soon for it to arrive back, even though I was promised it would be picked up and returned next day... Looks like I wont be receiving my replacement until next week now!

Disabling it, not that I know of. When my wife saw the red message, I said yep makes you think bad things are going to happen if don't upgrade. But twice now bad things happen when I did the upgrade.
She said, your not going to update are you? :)

Yeah, that sucks, did you get here name?
Next time if she is rude, ask her if she had trouble getting her broom started this morning.

Did you check your tracking number?

Rod

Reactions: Neon Euc
I did indeed... Jill, can only assume her shift had ended and she wanted to clock out!

I'll avoid the update when prompted to do so! You think DJI will develop a more stable update in the future or is that too much to ask?

I haven't checked the tracking number, good idea!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

"I know it flashes up on the app in red at the top to update, is there anyway to permanently disable update reminders within DJI GO?"

No way to disable it. You have two options, either just ignore it or if you have a dedicated device for the Go app, turning wifi off when in range of internet wifi will stop any updates, including the app itself.

That's what gotcha in trouble in the first place!
Hum, I can't tell if you are correct on that, maybe the OP will update us on what he meant on his original post, kind of a grey area to me, would like to know for sure!
;)

Rod

Update.

My retailer has confirmed there was in fact a hardware fault on my P3S. Did not confirm what exactly, would have been nice to have found out just for reference.

They're sending me a brand new one out tomorrow so will receive it Thursday. Hopefully in working order!

So from the advice given so far, I SHOULD NOT update to latest firmware?

Update.

My retailer has confirmed there was in fact a hardware fault on my P3S. Did not confirm what exactly, would have been nice to have found out just for reference.

They're sending me a brand new one out tomorrow so will receive it Thursday. Hopefully in working order!

So from the advice given so far, I SHOULD NOT update to latest firmware?

Some people have had range issues with the latest firmware and some have been fine. Your call, but I would say just hold off on the update at least until the new one rolls out, which should be soon.

Reactions: WilliamM
Some people have had range issues with the latest firmware and some have been fine. Your call, but I would say just hold off on the update at least until the new one rolls out, which should be soon.
+1 And I would add this. I've learned that it's best to fly the drone the way you got it out of the box first anyway. How else are you going to know if you got it that way or it was the FW you installed is to blame if something is not right.

Reactions: Pharm
Very good point! Thanks for that.

Looking forward to trying it out, and the 6 days of rain forecasted for here in Wales!

Just tried the new P3S out..

GPS locked well. On hover the bird seemed to twitch every now and again. Could that require IMU calibration??

Just tried the new P3S out..

GPS locked well. On hover the bird seemed to twitch every now and again. Could that require IMU calibration??

Dji recommend an IMU calibration before your first flight. I did one as I think the X figure on the imu on Mine was not on zero.

For what it's worth I updated my bird straight out the box and had no problems so far.

Just calibrated and flew (at night) and worked flawlessly. Looks like the replacement is definitely working OK!

Have not updated the firmware as of yet, I'm a bit reluctant to do so since its working so well?

Just calibrated and flew (at night) and worked flawlessly. Looks like the replacement is definitely working OK!

Have not updated the firmware as of yet, I'm a bit reluctant to do so since its working so well?

good to hear. Have you checked to see what firmware its on?

It says on the app 'Firmware downloaded' at the top in blue, but not in red as previous where it was stating to update??

It was confirmed to have a hardware issue.

Since that ordeal I am still reluctant to update as there has been so many issues!

5f49965344c1c0cbad06fa96f81f7c53_thumb.jpg

4e68d1d5ae2117eff00d282a586d3761_thumb.jpg

As you can see here shows the blue message to show firmware upgrade available to 1.6

And it's currently on 1.2

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj