Phantom 3 Standard - Poor signal / performance out of the box.

Reaction score
Evening all, I received my P3S yesterday and have had issues on both flights. (Yesterday and Today).

Yesterday’s flight. (Wide open field, not many houses etc nearby)

Lost video signal after just 40ft, engaged RTH. Tried several flights after in different locations on field and experienced same issue.

Read online could possibly have been latest firmware update so downgraded to previous firmware.

Today’s Flight.

Similar problems around 40ft high, not so much 40ft away from RX. Kept switching into ATTI mode when flying and trying to fly away so had to manually control back until GPS kicked back in. (12 satellites before and after ATTI kicked in) Did not offer RTH when ATTI took over.

Warning. Satellite Positioning Off - Fly With Caution. Then would keep saying ATTI mode.

All calibrations were done prior to flights etc. Not sure why this keeps happening.

Now I know there are antenna upgrades available, and I don’t mind purchasing, but so far, it’s not performing the way DJI claim out of the box.

So far really disappointed and not very confident in my latest purchase from DJI! Really hope someone can help? And thanks in advance for any help and support.

(Have since contacted my retailer and sending it back to hopefully have a replacement!)

did you turn off beginner mode

Thanks guys, the P3S is going back to my retailer tomorrow for a tech team to inspect and hopefully replace ASAP.

Just a shame to fork out on a new quad and not being able to use it!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Mohammed Baset
Yeah, been there twice, hopefully replaced....

P3S was picked up today and on its way back to retailer. Fingers crossed the turnaround is efficient!

Is 1.5.7 the preferred firmware version right now or would an even earlier version be better?

I downgraded to 1.5.7 and it's working fine. I lost RC connection today before I lost the video connection.

In addition, I think that based on previous threads I read, it is problematic to downgrade from 1.6.8 below 1.5.7.

The downgrade issue isn't an issue for me right now. I'm on an older version (can't check right now to be sure which) so I'm wondering which one would be optimal, assuming all versions are possible.

I'm thinking about the RF performance as well as general flight characteristics and electronics performance.

How can I check what firmware is on the P3S out of the box?

Would you recommend trying it on updated firmware first before downgrading?

How can I check what firmware is on the P3S out of the box?

Would you recommend trying it on updated firmware first before downgrading?

you have to start up everything and then check on app for version

It's buried in the app of coarse, short answer, look for a "the about tap", you have to all connected up, and doesn't show the remote on a standard, just the bird and app version.

Brilliant thank you.

Looking forward to getting my replacement now! May also purchase the ArgTek kit?

Reactions: Pharm
Thanks Rod, that sounds fair.

So should I update to the latest version when I first fire the bird up?

Thanks Rod, that sounds fair.

So should I update to the latest version when I first fire the bird up?

I recommend doing nothing with the firmware unless you have to.

It will say it is required, but it is not.:eek:

Rod

Reactions: AdamWhy
I recommend doing nothing with the firmware unless you have to.

It will say it is required, but it is not.:eek:

Rod

Thanks again Rod,

I know it flashes up on the app in red at the top to update, is there anyway to permanently disable update reminders within DJI GO?

Just called my retailer to check to see if they received my return and had a very rude lady (first time I've had a bad experience speaking to retailer) telling me it was too soon for it to arrive back, even though I was promised it would be picked up and returned next day... Looks like I wont be receiving my replacement until next week now!

DJI customer support have contacted me also and asked me to return it also.... Looks like email was sent from The Netherlands?

Support7.NL (DJI)

Aug 10, 21:46 HKT

Dear Adamyudowitz,

Thank you for contacting DJI Support.

I am sorry for the inconvenience, we would send the craft in one more time for service if you are willing to do this.
Please confirm if you agree to this.

Thank you for choosing DJI.
Best regards,

DJI Support EU

To check your repair status: DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj