Phantom 3 Standard Not Flying Correctly

Reaction score
I just launched my Phantom 3 for the first time and when I tried to fly it left or back it would simply jolt around in the air, both of the front lights are red aswell, if anyone can help I'd greatly appreciate it.

Sent from my SM-N920T using PhantomPilots mobile app

Since it's your first time flying, have you calibrated the IMU and the compass?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Try again in an open field. This time calibrate the compass. Take off watch, phone, pants or anything metallic.
Check what your screen says. Sounds like you are short of a few satellites. The Standard series does not have GLONAS so you will be maxing at 11-12 sats.

I just launched my Phantom 3 for the first time and when I tried to fly it left or back it would simply jolt around in the air, both of the front lights are red aswell, if anyone can help I'd greatly appreciate it.

Just so you know you posted in the pro/adv section. You might start getting some confusing feedback.

Are you leaving the ground w/ red lights?

The two front lights should always glow solid red, they are only for orientation during night flights. The back two however should be flashing green every few seconds. If they are not then you should also be getting errors reported in the app and that can mean problems.

Just so you know you posted in the pro/adv section. You might start getting some confusing feedback.

Are you leaving the ground w/ red lights?
Sorry about that [emoji23]
I fixed the drones flying problem but yes the drone is still launching with 2 red lights idk if that's a bad thing or not

Since the drone isn't reporting issues, it comes down to the sensors which need to be calibrated perfectly. IMU must be done on a perfectly flat surface, I use my basement floor, make sure with a level. Compass should ideally be done in a field away from ANYTHING metal. That includes phone, watch, etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues