Phantom 3 Standard: Lucky Crash - Litchi Fail?

Reaction score
So I attempted the 5 mile one way trip and everything was perfect up til the last few mins. Litchi requested to bring the Phantom home and ignored my go home cancel which resulted in a crash of my Standard. Here I bring you through the entire trip with a story of what happened plus a search and rescue operation with the Marco Polo tracker. Lucky for me the Phantom only suffered a few broken props and flew perfectly afterwards.

It was quite a hike up the hill so I was out of breath while talking lol.

UPDATE: It turned out that Smart RTH was enabled in the GO app. It calculated the power needed to make it home at the distance it was at. Had it been disabled, it most likely would have made that last min or two it needed to make it to me around that curve. Battery was at 63% at the time it did the Smart RTH at just about 5 miles.

Last edited:
did you put the finish action to land or do nothing? if not, that is why it did this. it does not listen to whether you do or dont want to do it, and is not a fail from litchi

did you put the finish action to land or do nothing? if not, that is why it did this. it does not listen to whether you do or dont want to do it, and is not a fail from litchi
The last waypoint was not 5 miles out. The mission will fail to upload unless you put waypoints back home. Waypoint 40 was my destination and it turned around right after 31. My plan was to take control again at waypoint 39 and land it. I'm assuming that it requested to go home from either being too far out or too long for loss of signal. The fail part was that it gave me a choice to go home or cancel the go home. I hit cancel but it turned around anyway. I had signal when I hit cancel.

The last waypoint was not 5 miles out. The mission will fail to upload unless you put waypoints back home. Waypoint 40 was my destination and it turned around right after 31. My plan was to take control again at waypoint 39 and land it. I'm assuming that it requested to go home from either being too far out or too long for loss of signal. The fail part was that it gave me a choice to go home or cancel the go home. I hit cancel but it turned around anyway. I had signal when I hit cancel.
um... it doesnt
i have litchi and i had a waypoint today 2.5 miles away, and i set it to return to the first waypoint. it did. i also did the same route, except made it land automatically, and while i lost connection before it did as it went over the trees, it still landed automatically. 2.5 miles away without connection

um... it doesnt
i have litchi and i had a waypoint today 2.5 miles away, and i set it to return to the first waypoint. it did. i also did the same route, except made it land automatically, and while i lost connection before it did as it went over the trees, it still landed automatically. 2.5 miles away without connection
My original plan before was to set my last waypoint at 5 miles out with a finish action to land. The mission will fail to upload every time unless the last waypoint is within a 2000m radius of the homepoint (1.2 miles) No finish action will work beyond that limit. I spent 2 weeks trying to figure this out until I saw another forum here that explained it. The only way around it is to set waypoints back home and drive to your destination before it gets there so you can take control before it continues the waypoints back home. It would not have made the entire mission which was 29 mins. I just can't figure out why it requested to go home after 31 and ignored my request to continue the mission. It aborted the mission and left the waypoints to go straight back home.

My original plan before was to set my last waypoint at 5 miles out with a finish action to land. The mission will fail to upload every time unless the last waypoint is within a 2000m radius of the homepoint (1.2 miles) No finish action will work beyond that limit. I spent 2 weeks trying to figure this out until I saw another forum here that explained it. The only way around it is to set waypoints back home and drive to your destination before it gets there so you can take control before it continues the waypoints back home. It would not have made the entire mission which was 29 mins. I just can't figure out why it requested to go home after 31 and ignored my request to continue the mission. It aborted the mission and left the waypoints to go straight back home.
that sounds like a very bad idea. make your distance radius limit larger, and do not rely on you getting there before it does. If anything happens and you can get there, or for whatever reason your phone dies, or the transmitter, or it wont reconnect, it will crash. i would NOT do that.

that sounds like a very bad idea. make your distance radius limit larger, and do not rely on you getting there before it does. If anything happens and you can get there, or for whatever reason your phone dies, or the transmitter, or it wont reconnect, it will crash. i would NOT do that.
Can't make it larger. It's a bug in the DJI Firmware that results in waypoint limitations. I'm thinking it was loss of signal for too long. I've lost signal before in missions but only a few mins. This was about 10 mins of loss signal. Once it came into range, it made the request. Had I realized that it ignored my request to continue the mission, I would have flipped the switch right away and had control. But I didn't realize it until it went out of range again. This was the only attempt and it was the breaking point for me. It still flies and I want to keep it that way.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20