Phantom 3 Standard Loses Video Signal Before RC signal

Hey do u know the disadvantages of using this software to change to 27dbm? battery drain faster? Or it may cause any software error?
And can I change back to 17dbm when needed?
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Although it says that 17dbm is using 50mW and 27dbm is using 500mW (10x higher) I didn't notice any different when flying. I think its because of the line that they put in the script was:

iw dev wlan0 set txpower limit 2700

instead of

iw dev wlan0 set txpower fixed 2700

Therefore, the tx-power will use 27dbm only if needed. and not fixed 27dbm all the time.
If you want to change back to 17dbm, just delete this line in djiled.sh file:

watchlog.sh
or
watchlog.sh -scan Y &

or use PapaTita exe file which revert your rc and drone tx-power back to 17dbm.

Reactions: Hungluu165
Although it says that 17dbm is using 50mW and 27dbm is using 500mW (10x higher) I didn't notice any different when flying. I think its because of the line that they put in the script was:

iw dev wlan0 set txpower limit 2700

instead of

iw dev wlan0 set txpower fixed 2700

Therefore, the tx-power will use 27dbm only if needed. and not fixed 27dbm all the time.
If you want to change back to 17dbm, just delete this line in djiled.sh file:

watchlog.sh
or
watchlog.sh -scan Y &

or use PapaTita exe file which revert your rc and drone tx-power back to 17dbm.

from what i read from many sources,
make txpower fixed to 2700 will make rc hot then bricked because the power transmitted at high power.
If i not wrong, papatita mention it at his comment that he not fixed the transmit power but limit transmit power to undercome this problem

Reactions: Hungluu165
Because some P3S and P34K users didn't read the whole instruction and try to change files on their rc and drone and got bricked. I'm not an expert, I just got my drone a month ago and I don't want anyone get into trouble because of the decision they made based on my input. The 27dbm tx-power is definitely working and will increase the video signal. however, before I made the update, I read the whole thing, saw all the tutorial videos and followed the whole instruction to the dot. Now my P3 4K video signal have never been so strong, I lose the rc signal at 1700m but still have 100% video signal. I thought the power consumption will reduce flying time, but so far I didn't notice any different than before the update.

your results sounds awesome, did u just follow the video of PapaTita above? or is there any other modification u made on your drone to achieve this range?
Cheers!

your results sounds awesome, did u just follow the video of PapaTita above? or is there any other modification u made on your drone to achieve this range?
Cheers!

PapaTita made 2 tutorials. 1 is with the .exe file that he created. the other one is still manual update. I use the manual update (riskier) because I had to download the file from the rc and drone through ftp, edited it, and upload them back. Which in some cases people have bricked their rc and drone by doing this (they changed a different file)

If you want to skip the hassle, just use PapaTita's .exe file that he made.

At that time, I didn't made any modification, only giving the rc a windsurfer aluminium foil range extender. It does increase the distance a bit. However, I have recently upgrade my rc with dbs mod but I didn't have the chance to test it yet. I'm hoping to get 2x or 3x the distance. Btw, 1700m is in a mountain. No interference area. I will probably get 1/3 of distance in a high density area.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers