Phantom 3 Standard/ipad mini 4 wifi

Reaction score
I recently acquired a DJI PHANTOM 3 Standard and I want to use the Apple iPad Mini 4 with wifi no cellular 64GB. I would like to know if DJI recommends this ipad or if it is compatible. The Apple iPAD Mini 4 with 64gb is not cheap, so I want to know if it is compatible. Anyone on the Forum is familiar with this iPAD and if it is compatible with the Phantom 3 standard ?

I've noticed that the iPad Mini 2 is going cheap in a lot of places. I've got one that I (rarely) use with my P3S and it works great!

I've noticed that the iPad Mini 2 is going cheap in a lot of places. I've got one that I (rarely) use with my P3S and it works great!
What isn't being mentioned is the fact that with the iPad mini having saved a mission in the litchi hub, there is no way of downloading it at another location unless there is an internet connection available through its wi-fi connection.
If it has phone capability that's fine, but this point is hardly ever highlighted when choosing the 'best' device for the phantom.
If I am missing something obvious I will be delighted to have it pointed out to me.
Pilot4747

What isn't being mentioned is the fact that with the iPad mini having saved a mission in the litchi hub, there is no way of downloading it at another location unless there is an internet connection available through its wi-fi connection.
If it has phone capability that's fine, but this point is hardly ever highlighted when choosing the 'best' device for the phantom.
If I am missing something obvious I will be delighted to have it pointed out to me.
Pilot4747
They have 3G/LTE models :)

Might as well also point out the the iPad Mini 4 Wifi version (non cellular) does NOT have GPS functinoality but it DOES have a barometer, which is quite useful in some other 3rd party apps, say like Autopilot for instance. Again, kicking this dead horse, a lack of GPS only results in the fact that "Follow Me" and "Track" modes in Lichi or DJI Go will not be available.

I am benchmarking a Nexus 7 2nd Generation tablet this week (Marshmallow 6.0.1) and am hoping to dedicate its deployment to my P3P.

Bet,

I recently acquired a DJI PHANTOM 3 Standard and I want to use the Apple iPad Mini 4 with wifi no cellular 64GB. I would like to know if DJI recommends this ipad or if it is compatible. The Apple iPAD Mini 4 with 64gb is not cheap, so I want to know if it is compatible. Anyone on the Forum is familiar with this iPAD and if it is compatible with the Phantom 3 standard ?
Probably won't fit the holder without modifying it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic