Phantom 3 Standard Gimbal Buzz

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've been searching only for a few days trying to find an answer to my problem but haven't found any posts that match up to my issue.

I crashed my DJI Phantom 3 Standard a few days ago. The gimbal disconnected at the middle (roll) motor and the flat cable ripped. I did a flat cable replacement myself, and the gimbal and camera now function normally.

However, I noticed immediately after the crash that there is a hissing noise coming from the gimbal. The roll motor was disconnected when I noticed the sound, so I can rule out the bottom motor and the camera as the source of the noise. Disconnecting the entire gimbal from the aircraft body also eliminated the noise, so I know for a fact that the noise is coming from the gimbal and not the UAV's internals.

Here's a video of the noise from the gimbal:

side note: The gimbal assembly is currently attached with a nut and bolt. This is just temporary so I don't waste the plastic discs if I have to remove the entire assembly again.

Do you believe I can ignore this noise, or is it something which needs to be addressed?

Thanks!

Do you believe I can ignore this noise, or is it something which needs to be addressed?

You probably have broken magnet in one of your motors. The issue could also be in motor inductors or driver boards, but that's less likely.

Turn it on, touch each of the motors. If within 5 minutes a motor gets so hot you can't hold it, then you should definitely replace it. If nothing gets too warm, don't worry.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie