Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Phantom 3 Standard FPV

Discussion in 'Standard/4k Discussion' started by BeauS, Jan 13, 2016.

1. BeauS

Hello, is FPV possible with the standard? Can I go from my tablet's micro usb to HDMI?

I plan to use the AuraVisor next month, It has an HDMI output.

Also has an onboard Android based computer, not sure if I'd be able to access DJI Go with it or not.

AuraVisor | The virtual reality gamechanger

2. RadRich

Yes it's possible. I did it with an Nvidia Shield K1 tablet and the MyBud videos glasses. IMHO it wasn't that great an experience. Going to return the glasses to Amazon.

The real VR headsets (Vive and Oculus) are coming out by April, at least the Vive is. These should have HDMI inputs. Perfect for any tablet or mobile with HDMI output. You want the headset to either mirror the source or accept the live FPV feed. This app will allow FPV with the Oculus:
    LiveViewRift | Apps | Oculus Share

Too bad that Auravisor doesn't have HDMI 'input'. 100 degree view field is badass, but if it can't accept a signal from the tablet to the glasses, it's not going to work as FPV unless these goggles can receive the live Wi-Fi feed from the P3S camera. Btw, I get the feeling that FPV isn't very popular around here, or they don't talk much about it.

#2 RadRich, Jan 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
  3. BeauS

Hello, they are saying the AuraVisor will have HDMI mini input. So this setup will mirror my tablet?

4. desertcat

Everyone is raving about the Headplay HD. I have one on backorder. I can't wait. You can connect HDMI mini output from tablet, in my case Nvidia Shield K-1, to the mini HDMI of Headplays.

5. RadRich

If it has an HDMI input, then I'm more than confident to answer yes. As soon as you plug in the device (speaking for Android), a pop up would appear and prompt you how you would like to use the newly attached device.

6. BeauS

Oh okay, I didn't know that! I've never heard of headplay, it's not based on Android like AuraVisor is right? I see it has a 40 channel receiver, not sure what that's for.

7. BeauS

If the AuraVisor is Android based, would I just be able to install Litchi on that and connect to the Phantom by WiFi, just like I would my tablet?

8. RadRich

It's feasible, however, you'll need to find out if the app will install on the AuraVisor. For example, I have an older Nexus 7 (2012 edition) with KitKat, and DJI Go won't install on it. I tried side loading the app, and it still wouldn't work. Ended up having to buy another tablet (Nvidia Shield K1).

My main concern was how to navigate the app via the goggles, but it looks like the AuraVisor has navigation buttons on the unit.

#8 RadRich, Jan 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2016