Phantom 3 Standard Fly Away. Where is it ?

Will DJI replace the drone?

• Yes

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Definitely not

Votes: 9 33.3%

• Total voters
Anyone know where to get the version 2.8.0? That was the one I was most pleased with. Out of the box with that version I was getting a 5500 feet with no upgrades or mods at all

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Okay guys,
DJI tells me to send them the drone since it got wet. I think it will work anyway because its dry and i did not put current through when it was wet. What you think? Should i send it in or not?

Hum,
I'm must be missing something,
Maybe the details that they didn't want you to share?

If you don't send to them and something fails, you have no claim?
If you send it to them, and it is returned, repaired, or replaced. Something fails, you have?

So DJI is saying if you fly-it and there is a failure its your problem?
Send it in they will test, etc, if there is failure with there equipment it will still be under the standard warranty?

Rod

Okay guys,
DJI tells me to send them the drone since it got wet. I think it will work anyway because its dry and i did not put current through when it was wet. What you think? Should i send it in or not?

Absolutely send it in. While it may indeed work now that it is dry, it could fail and then you'd have no recourse. It stinks having to be without the drone, but it will give you peace of mind knowing that they either inspected it, send you a new one, or at least you'd have recourse if it fails when they send it back.

Reactions: Squirrel!
v3.1.2 (581)
v3,1,2 (582)

Well that's not going to be confusing at all, and some times the DJI-GO won't even display the Version.:rolleyes:

Rod

My P3S flew away the very first time I tried to use return to home. I finally found it 10 days later. DJI wanted $170 to repair. I complained and they lowered the price to $150.

Surely if It was broke because of their app then they should be repairing for free or replacing it?

Hi all just reading about your fly away the other day I calibrated the imu and mine decided to fly away but I was lucky enough for it to return home but panicked, I was useing an I phone which I think is iOS so not sure what I did wrong, I did notice that before I took off it DIDNT say home point renewed?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Your flight data shows that you were using DJI Go v 3.1.2. There have been many reports of fly-aways using that version of DJI Go. I have not read any reports that DJI has replaced any drones because of the problem.

I Believe they have when it is shown to be a DJI fault. Contact DJI at their support email.

Hello everyone new pilot here just had my first crash real lucky I found it now it the cost factor anyone in the Plymouth area of ma

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1