Phantom 3 Standard Fly Away. Where is it ?

Will DJI replace the drone?

• Yes

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Definitely not

Votes: 9 33.3%

• Total voters
Hi,
my Update wit the DJI Support is this: they send me a picture with the exact location where i found the bird. I should search it there and write back. I am not allowed to copy anything from the mail they say the could cease the communication otherwise.

I'm I missing something?

OMG

Rod

I think that the issue lies with here maps, nobody had known issues with Google maps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using PhantomPilots mobile app
Perhaps, although version 3.0.1 and 3.1.1 use Here maps and the device location on the map is correct for both those versions. Not so for 3.1.2.

Reactions: pomonabill220
Well this has certainly been an interesting thread. Congrats to @meierjoe on finding your P3S :wink: Good thing I'm using iOS...for now. Anyways, glad the story had a happy ending.

Reactions: meierjoe
"Earth" :D

Here is one of my lines. I ask people "how many times they have been around the Sun?"
Try it....

Rod

"Earth" :D

Here is one of my lines. I ask people "how many times they have been around the Sun?"
Try it....

Rod
Hey! You're from Portland! My dad grew up in Hillsboro. Cool.

Hey! You're from Portland! My dad grew up in Hillsboro. Cool.
97031=Hood River, Portland for School. If you want to chat, send me a PM.
We still got a Phantom and Pilot missing on this thread. :eek:

Rod

97031=Hood River, Portland for School. If you want to chat, send me a PM.
We still got a Phantom and Pilot missing on this thread. :eek:

Rod
Right. Stay focused. Debrief me on the current situations, sir.

Hey guys exactly how do you downgrade to 3.1.1 or 3.0.1? I have a galaxcy s5 as well and have the 3.1.2, now I'm freaking out. I haven't flown sense I did the upgrade but was going to tomorrow. Thank God I read this post before taking to the skys.

Hey guys exactly how do you downgrade to 3.1.1 or 3.0.1? I have a galaxcy s5 as well and have the 3.1.2, now I'm freaking out. I haven't flown sense I did the upgrade but was going to tomorrow. Thank God I read this post before taking to the skys.

APKMirror.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Your flight data shows that you were using DJI Go v 3.1.2. There have been many reports of fly-aways using that version of DJI Go. I have not read any reports that DJI has replaced any drones because of the problem.

Just to chime in on this, friend of mine had the seemingly exact same issue, this is his experience I've just posted in another thread, might be worth exploring OP...

Friend of mine had a P4, crashed it pretty much on the first day of flying, personally I felt it was his fault as I think he accidentally pressed the use current aircraft position as home point whilst in a panic and it crashed into a tree. But of course there has been a bug with that issue apparently so who knows.

"Either way he did not have DJI Care, but he phoned them up and a week later he was sent a brand new Phantom 4 without a controller, meaning all he had to do was buy a controller on eBay. He hasn't had to send his old one back, and the old one still works, there was just slight damage to the props and one of the motors which he's fixed.

So now he has two P4 drones, both fully functioning, 2 batteries in case he only decides to use one drone, for completely free of charge.

He is the luckiest guy I know.

I might try it with my TV. Send an email off to LG to say it pushed itself off the stand, hopefully they'll send me a £1000+ replacement free of charge and I won't have to send my old one back in, meaning I'll have two! /s"

Just read through the thread and I'm happy you got your drone back and very much a thumbs up to the guy's who were able to help you.
My thread was linked in a few pages back as this happened to me when I received my second P3S which was a brand new replacement for my first faulty one.

Basically sent it up and it flew fine, decided to test RTH and saw my drone turn and start flying off over tree's. Luckily in my situation I just cancelled RTH and took control back. That's when I looked at the botton and saw my distance as over 4000 feet :0

I'm still shocked that DJI let it go on for that long, I downloaded a older APK of the app and it works as it should. Scared to even upgrade now. . .

There is a new version of the App updated yesterday. Did not test it yet. Anyone else maybe?

I just updated the dji go app on my android (version 3.1.2 (582))

It's a cold one here in Missouri today, but I'll try to get out there for a quick flight

Before flying, just run the APP without RC and drone (off) and see where the app locates you.
With the bad 3.1.2 (android), it locates you 1200m WNW from your real position.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20