P3 Firmware PHANTOM 3 STANDARD FIRMWARE

Reaction score
Okay, so I recently bought my new Phantom 3 Standard on May 22. I started it up, did everything properly, and was expecting a long FIRMWARE update. There was nothing. I started the aircraft for flight, and it says "latest firmware" on the start screen. I had no update, while almost everybody that I know had to update their firmware. Is this something I should be concerned about? I find it weird that I don't have an update. Any comments would be appreciated!

Okay, so I recently bought my new Phantom 3 Standard on May 22. I started it up, did everything properly, and was expecting a long FIRMWARE update. There was nothing. I started the aircraft for flight, and it says "latest firmware" on the start screen. I had no update, while almost everybody that I know had to update their firmware. Is this something I should be concerned about? I find it weird that I don't have an update. Any comments would be appreciated!
Your P3S was shipped with the latest FW already if you purchased it recently.
No worries, Go out and fly! Have fun!

Your P3S was shipped with the latest FW already if you purchased it recently.
No worries, Go out and fly! Have fun!

I downloaded all the firmware and it flies great but I have poor image transmission and it cuts out. I have it on beginner but that shouldn't matter. Camera cuts out and I can't make it record when it is on. What can I do?

I downloaded all the firmware and it flies great but I have poor image transmission and it cuts out. I have it on beginner but that shouldn't matter. Camera cuts out and I can't make it record when it is on. What can I do?
I would suggest moving to a new location with less wifi interference just to rule that out as the cause. The P3S uses the wifi 2.4 frequency and can be disrupted by local routers in your area.

I would suggest moving to a new location with less wifi interference just to rule that out as the cause. The P3S uses the wifi 2.4 frequency and can be disrupted by local routers in your area.

Thanks but where I was there is no Wi-Fi. I was out in a farmers field. Could the fact that nj is a no fly zone because the president is in the state?

Thanks but where I was there is no Wi-Fi. I was out in a farmers field. Could the fact that nj is a no fly zone because the president is in the state?
If you were in a NFZ area or zone, the aircraft motors would not even start.
No lift off.
As stated earlier, try a new location, then report back.
I might want to add, that you should have completed all of your calibrations after updating your FW. One more thing to rule out.
If you are still having problems with disconnects, try deleting and re installing the Go app. Be sure to login into the DJI account that you created when activating your aircraft to be sure you have unlocked flight restrictions.
Good luck.

If you were in a NFZ area or zone, the aircraft motors would not even start.
No lift off.
As stated earlier, try a new location, then report back.
I might want to add, that you should have completed all of your calibrations after updating your FW. One more thing to rule out.
If you are still having problems with disconnects, try deleting and re installing the Go app. Be sure to login into the DJI account that you created when activating your aircraft to be sure you have unlocked flight restrictions.
Good luck.
Ciao , i m new on this site / drone fly (i m waiting a P3s from tomtop....other story...) and until now just practicing with Parrot roller spider... any how i 'd like to know about the login to do to remove restriction with last revision ... i have no data connection on my phone ... (yes i m one of last on planet...) so no way to do? if no internet connection not possible to Awoid NFZ ??? thanks
ciao
Eduardo

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik