Phantom 3 Standard Firmware v01.07.0800

I think I may have the wrong version. I just checked my P3S version and it says "Version 1.8.10". Am I missing something here? Maybe I should go with the "newer" lower version?

1.8.10 is fine.

I use it and I know many others do ...

Nigel

Where did you guys get that version? The date for the version i pasted is dated April 1st 2017. April fools?? :)

I think I updated in December or January. Not sure. It just came up in the App so I updated. This one isn't coming up in the App but maybe DJI finally figured out that the latest (1.8.10) is causing issues (like the interference error that fills my log).

But no one ever puts out an update with a lower version #
That is the confusion Im going through currently. We have Version 1.8.10 and DJI posted Version 01.07.0800 yesterday.

FIRMWARE
  • Phantom 3 Standard Firmware v01.07.0800
    2017-04-01

Something is not right... April's fool?

Image1.jpg

Many people (me included) have been complaining that 1.8.10 was problematic during the installation. The message on screen says the update is finished, but the update is not. The led on the gimbal shows it is still in progress. If anybody like me, being a newbie, believes the message and closes down, the upgrade fails. Other people complain that it sticks at 45%, while others report that the A/C starts to emit a LOUD noise like a siren.
Perhaps if you have managed to install 1.8.10 successfully, maybe because you ignored the finished message, then 01.07.0800 being a lower number isn't offered to you, but if you have a lower number firmware than 01.07.0800 installed, as was the case on my brand new P3S, then it will be.
So, perhaps it could be that 01.07.0800 is a fixed version of 1.8.10 which is substantially the same minus the installation script error which causes the Siren noise, sticking at 45%, finished message when it hasn't but given a lower number so that if you managed to install 1.8.10, then it doesn't concern you.
Either that or DJI is at it.

I suspect this has something to do with allowing you the chance to downgrade to the previous version for stability. I am currently having no issues with the 1.18.10 version and the latest DJI GO app on iOS. Flew last weekend was as stable as it has been.

I suspect this has something to do with allowing you the chance to downgrade to the previous version for stability. I am currently having no issues with the 1.18.10 version and the latest DJI GO app on iOS. Flew last weekend was as stable as it has been.
Me too, have the 1.8 firmware and the standard flight beautiful and very stable. I don't need to downgrade if it's truly a downgraded version.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20