Phantom 3 Standard Dropped Out of Sky - Help!

Thanks, but yes not very much information from healthy drones, what we are referring to was the viewer that @msinger developed, on this post:
Phantom 3 Standard Dropped Out of Sky - Help!

Your results would look like this, post #34
Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Once you get your results, copy and past that url, back on this thread.

Here is @msinger 's upload page.
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Rod :)

My bad! Here's the link after uploading to @msingers page:

See what you think - again, the data looks a little wonky to me, but this isn't really my area of knowledge.

Excellent news, folks! Just heard back from DJI - full repair, free of charge! The remark from them was:

1. Data analysis result as below: Fly 017,T=525,H=2.2m; Compass navigation bias was too large, aircraft entered atti mode and crash. Warranty, compass problem. 2.Top and bottom covers deformed. Landing gears deformed and cracked. Gimbal P, R and Y axis motors deformed. R and Y axis support arms broken. FPC cable damaged. SN may change after repair. Flight test will be performed.

Total cost of repair would have been $265AUD for anyone in the future with a similar problem. Let's chalk this up as a win

Cool, I will take look sometime tomorrow!, maybe some of the pro's will give there opinions before my version :)

Rod

Excellent news, folks! Just heard back from DJI - full repair, free of charge! The remark from them was:

1. Data analysis result as below: Fly 017,T=525,H=2.2m; Compass navigation bias was too large, aircraft entered atti mode and crash. Warranty, compass problem. 2.Top and bottom covers deformed. Landing gears deformed and cracked. Gimbal P, R and Y axis motors deformed. R and Y axis support arms broken. FPC cable damaged. SN may change after repair. Flight test will be performed.

Total cost of repair would have been $265AUD for anyone in the future with a similar problem. Let's chalk this up as a win

Happy for you , but I think your lucky they covered it , I would have bet the other way & you would of paid up .

My bad! Here's the link after uploading to @msingers page:

See what you think - again, the data looks a little wonky to me, but this isn't really my area of knowledge.
At 4:47 (01:01 after takeoff) it goes from 28.9ft to -292.7ft and stay at such value to end of flight record,

At such time, Go fligth captures shows left stick full down.

May be motors shutoff after misinterpreted landing?

Enviado desde mi SM-G928F mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: Biggle
At 4:47 (01:01 after takeoff) it goes from 28.9ft to -292.7ft and stay at such value to end of flight record,

Welcome to the Forum!

"Go fligth captures shows left stick full down."
Are you downloading the flight and then copying into your mobile device, then playing back in the GoApp?

I did this a few weeks ago, but have not been able to since, it doesn't show up in flight logs, this one is not working ether.

Rod

Enviado desde mi SM-G928F mediante Tapatalk
If I understand, what you are asking is could left stick full down caused a motor shutoff, due to the (failed) elevation reading of -292ft, being interpreted by the flight system as a landed bird?
I think the shutoff with left stick down happens when the system KNOWS that the Phantom is actually not suspending itself in the air...as in the lack of load on the motors.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note4 using TapaTalk

I understand it is the barometer in the phantom that determines that it has landed and powers off the motors.

This -292ft jump is really weird.

Rod

Throughout this flight the number of satellites was only 7.The gpsHealth varied between 3 and 4. A gpsHealth <= 3 is not enough for GPS-ATTI. I'm guessing that gpsHealth didn't stay at 3 long enough to trigger ATTI mode. Anyway, at the end of the flight gpsHealth dropped to 3 and this is what caused the incorrect altitude value.

I suspect it's mostly the accelerometers that determine if the motors can be stopped when the left stick is pulled all the way back. I've noticed that when I hand catch the P3 any small movements (smaller than detectable by the barometer or gps) will cause the motors to surge and delay stopping.

I understand it is the barometer in the phantom that determines that it has landed and powers off the motors.

This -292ft jump is really weird.

Rod
Can't say for sure, but I can take off from the ground, and I'm standing on a deck 8ft higher, and I can hand catch about 5 ft above the deck, and full stick down stops the motors.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Final update - the drone is back in my hands, and I'm ready to start flying again! Same serial number in the end, but the top shell, legs and gimbal have all been replaced. Thank you everyone for chiming in on this - I really appreciate it!

Reactions: Neon Euc

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20