Phantom 3 Standard DBS Mod 1.2 Miles (6393ft)

Reaction score
Took my Standard out for a test flight with the Itelite. At about 5000ft I was struggling with the signal and had to keep moving the antenna around to squeeze out the remaining distance. I was sitting at a picnic table and had the remote sitting down and as still as possible. I was going for 10000ft but it just couldn't make it. Oh well, I'll get there someday hopefully.

Reactions: dirkclod
Sweet ! Your in a good spot if that's where you test .
You'll get there !
monker thumbup.gif

Sweet ! Your in a good spot if that's where you test .
You'll get there !
View attachment 34686
Thanks. I think a few of them trees by the deck got in my way when I kept turning to the left but I didn't think crossing an interstate on video would be a good idea. There's another observation deck on the other side of the park but unfortunately today was the last day it's open for the season. This was my first time at this location. I knew it would be a good spot given how high I was.

Reactions: dirkclod
How far does the stock standard fly? I haven't maxed mine out yet.
I only got up to 2000ft with the stock antenna in one location but it didn't last long because the wire broke after opening and closing the antenna stick several times. That's why I upgraded. I never got to test the stock at this location.

Ok, thanks. I've flown 1700ft, but I've had a fly-away before. (Different quad), I'm a little scared to stench out to far. I want to max out the stock system before I install the DBS.

Ok, thanks. I've flown 1700ft, but I've had a fly-away before. (Different quad), I'm a little scared to stench out to far. I want to max out the stock system before I install the DBS.
So far the only con with the DBS antenna is you must be very accurate with pointing the antenna. I don't really have any complaints. I absolutely love it. But it sucks watching the signal cut in and out because it could initiate RTH at any moment when you can still have signal and go farther.

Reactions: Amckim2084
Another thing I found out that helps and don't fly full speed. When I did that, I got 3700ft before RTH. With this video, I only pushed the stick up about 75% and slowed down or stopped every time signal was lost and it quickly came back full bars.

Is there a way to turn off view on the P3S?
If you mean the FPV ...I don't know . I just know on my P2V I did get farther with out videoing .
I'm still trying to get a hold on this app as it's so new to me .

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20