Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Standard Phantom 3 Standard crash. See pics.

Discussion in 'Phantom 3 Help' started by Kire Renicsar, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Kire Renicsar

Hi all,

so at a wedding a few days ago, I was called away from my drone to take some pictures with the bride and groom. I told my nephew he could fly it for a few minutes, so instead of helping him myself, I asked my wife to help him. About 30 seconds after walking away, I heard leaves being ripped apart and saw my drone flip away from the tree, then back into the tree before doing a violent nose dive to ground, where it flopped around the ground for a few seconds. My wife had to pull the battery to get it to stop flopping around on the ground. I ran to my drone to review the damages, and the vibration absorbing bracket is broken, and the wires to the camera have been ripped out. I have sent pictures of the damages. I have ordered the bracket and the drop pins.

If someone could please take a look and let me know what parts I will need to order, other than the drop pins and the mounting bracket? Any advice (besides "dont let your wife and a 9 year old play with your drone") and/or direction as far as getting it fixed would be greatly appreciated. I am not really sure about how to go about re-wiring the camera to the aircraft. Do I need to order some kind of wiring for the camera, or can I just put the existing wires back into the harness?Please let know what I am missing, if anything.

Thank you in advance!

Erik

Attached Files:

2. driehl

I would buy all the cables needed to rewire the gimbal.. but i would think that even after you change the cables, you will most likely have some camera or drone damage.. but its a starting point.

Sent from my SM-N930F using PhantomPilots mobile app

3. JacksonReo

This happened to me the other day. Basically the same damage. I replaced the bracket, and i'm working on the wiring. My biggest problem that i'm dealing with is the compass connection to the main board got broken off.

4. whoreable

This is all repairable by yourself. If you dont want to pay for repairs and ship it off

5. Kire Renicsar

yeah that is the plan. I had to buy some new camera wires and am going to open it up to connect the camera wire, so when I do that I will check for any signs of greater internal damage. luckily, the drop was only from about 20-30 feet up, so I am hoping that everything is still intact. BUT.... since my wife crashed it...... maybe she can buy me an upgrade??

mmmmmmuuuuahhaahaha