Phantom 3 standard camera rotate L and R, DJI support said it can?

Reaction score
I called DJI on their California number and they know for sure that I have a DJI Phantom 3 standard, they suggest that the camera can rotate left and right by using the remote (aside from tilting up and down). Is this even true?

If it is true, I am missing a lot for the longevity of owning my P3S :)

Kwan

I'm guessing they are talking about rotating the P3 left and right. The camera does rotate left and right independent of the P3 to compensate for turbulence. Other than that the yaw control is the only way to rotate the camera from the remote as far as I am aware.

That's what I thought. Question: The YAW CONTROL is the wheel that roll to tilt the camera?

That's what I thought. Question: The YAW CONTROL is the wheel that roll to tilt the camera?
Yaw control (left stick, left and right stick action) controls the aircraft's heading (ie. north, south, east, west). The camera is essentially 'fixed' to point in the forward direction of the aircraft so you use the yaw control to change the camera's heading. It does have a small yaw (left and right) movement to help with stabilization, but you don't have direct control over it.

The wheel controls the camera pitch (up and down). Default, it allows you to pitch the camera forward (0° or relatively horizontal) or downward (-90° or straight down) and anywhere in between.

Al thumps up.gif

Reactions: Digdat0
I have observed that whenever I have my P3S fired up on a table, no props, that yawing left and right on the controller does move the camera a small amount. Not much, but it's noticeable. I assume that it's the gimbal compensating for an expected movement of the aircraft.

I appreciate for all the information, this is such a helpful group. I think DJI telephone support has clearly mistaken my P3S as a P3P, and that's why they suggested I can control my gimbal from remote to rotate camera L and R.

I started the inquiry through DJI Chart Support at 10a.m., with failed chats, countless emails, and one phone calls that extended to 5 p.m., this group answered the question for DJI much effectively and to the point. Thanks to all.

I appreciate for all the information, this is such a helpful group. I think DJI telephone support has clearly mistaken my P3S as a P3P, and that's why they suggested I can control my gimbal from remote to rotate camera L and R.

I started the inquiry through DJI Chart Support at 10a.m., with failed chats, countless emails, and one phone calls that extended to 5 p.m., this group answered the question for DJI much effectively and to the point. Thanks to all.

The P3P has no additional camera movement controls than the P3S. They operate the same.

The P3P has no additional camera movement controls than the P3S. They operate the same.
This would make the answer from DJI telephone support more unreliable. Biggest lesson for me is to not spend time with DJI support until they really have gotten their internal issues figure out :)

On a topic even simpler than this I found DJI chat totally useless. A phone call was better as the "tech" at least had a controller and did check it out. However, they had no clue as to why the left controller locked in the down position. DUH!
I guess the moral is, stick to the user forum where the answer was totally informative.

I have observed that whenever I have my P3S fired up on a table, no props, that yawing left and right on the controller does move the camera a small amount. Not much, but it's noticeable. I assume that it's the gimbal compensating for an expected movement of the aircraft.

There's a switch under Advanced Gimbal Settings, called "Enable Synchronized Gimbal Pan Follow": if it's on, it makes the camera follow the yaw stick movement a bit, to "anticipate" turns. What exactly is this supposed to improve, and whether it does it or no, I can't say.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj