Phantom 3 standard amazes me.dollar for dollar, not bad performance.

Reaction score
a0c42a8c2e04b5244d212393243db044.jpg

Having cut my teeth on Hubsan 501 and 502 and various toy grades, my phantom standard feels like a flying truck with a camera. I'm glad I started with inherently unstable aircraft cause it allows me to handle no gps emergencies. It's truly an amazing craft for the price bar none at this point in time.

Reactions: p3s_noob and 805hd
It's an awesome step into the hobby grade drones. I came from a Syma X5SC and my standard was like a fully loaded Cadillac Escalade compared to it. LOL. I have moved on to the Pro, but I don't regret starting out with the Standard. Great craft to learn on.

I have other RC models and when I decided to get an aerial photography quadcopter, the first thing I thought was to build one because, well, that's what serious RC hobbyists do, and I was not to be confused with the masses that buy those white "drones" (pfff....) off the shelf at Walmart. No, I went to HobbyKing and started putting together a list of parts. But I could not ignore DJI, so I reluctantly started to look at their products, and ran into the P3S: I was absolutely blown away but the amount of technology you can get for $359 (I bought my P3S refurbished). It took me a whole 5 seconds to decide to buy one. My Futaba radio costs more than a P3S! My GoPro alone costs more than a P3S! Here you have a beautifully integrated aerial photography system, ultra-stable and easy to fly, with a decent 2.7K camera, 3-axis gimbal, GPS, live video feed, full telemetry, RTH, intelligent flying modes (POI, Home Lock...), ability to carry out autonomous missions... really, what more do you want?
Ten years ago, you could not even dream of something like that.

Reactions: p3s_noob
Having cut my teeth on Hubsan 501 and 502 and various toy grades, my phantom standard feels like a flying truck with a camera. I'm glad I started with inherently unstable aircraft cause it allows me to handle no gps emergencies. It's truly an amazing craft for the price bar none at this point in time.

I started out with a Hubsan H502s was a good starter but nothing compared to my P3S. Personally its the smoothness of the camera that sets them apart. With fish eye cameras in devices such as the Hubsan's when you watch it back you always seem to be looking at the ground or the sky! Don't get that with DJI.

I have other RC models and when I decided to get an aerial photography quadcopter, the first thing I thought was to build one because, well, that's what serious RC hobbyists do, and I was not to be confused with the masses that buy those white "drones" (pfff....) off the shelf at Walmart. No, I went to HobbyKing and started putting together a list of parts. But I could not ignore DJI, so I reluctantly started to look at their products, and ran into the P3S: I was absolutely blown away but the amount of technology you can get for $359 (I bought my P3S refurbished). It took me a whole 5 seconds to decide to buy one. My Futaba radio costs more than a P3S! My GoPro alone costs more than a P3S! Here you have a beautifully integrated aerial photography system, ultra-stable and easy to fly, with a decent 2.7K camera, 3-axis gimbal, GPS, live video feed, full telemetry, RTH, intelligent flying modes (POI, Home Lock...), ability to carry out autonomous missions... really, what more do you want?
Ten years ago, you could not even dream of something like that.
I started building quads 6 years ago.I spent almost $2,000 building a 450 size, with most of the items you mentioned, and couldn't do half as much and wasn't as reliable.I also have the P3A, I absolutely love this bird as well.I got both refurb, p3s I got for $329 and p3a $549.Like you mentioned, gopros cost $400-$500, add gimbal, batteries because you only get 8-9 mins of flight back then.

I have two P3S and love them. I have never had anything remote controlled before, so can't compare any, but am tickled pink with them. I live in southern Saskatchewan so I have only been able to fly in decent weather.

Fascinating technology for the money. I bought both at Best Buy for regular price, $659 + tax. I commandeered my wife's iPad as it was GPS equipped and bought her a new mini 4.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers