Phantom 3 standard $350 @ target ymmv

Paid 129.99 for an OEM DJI Phatom 3 Battery from my LHS..

They're on amazon now for 99$, but they're not oem.
Ya...I would never trust a non-OEM battery at this point. I even had OEM batteries scaring me with low/critical voltage messages before firmware updates.

After I had it only a few days, I did a quick liftoff with a 76% battery that was charged the previous day. Obviously I NOW know this is a big no-no and it wasn't REALLY at 76% but as someone with a new drone I did not know that. I thought...it's at 76%, I surely could fly for around for a minute. Anyway...went up about 50 feet and got a CRITICAL message and I feel like I barely made it down in time! Whew.

It was obviously DJI's error-which is why they put out the firmware update to slow vertical climb rates + battery updates to address the low/critical voltage errors. To think that your 76% battery could SHUT DOWN mid flight and land on somebody, not cool. DJI is lucky no one sued them.

Last edited:
Paid 129.99 for an OEM DJI Phatom 3 Battery from my LHS..
Oh I have no doubt you can find good deals on batteries, standards, pro's, whatever. I'm just not going to pay attention to any rumor involving target anymore. I got enough **** to think about without trying to hunt bargains at a **** tartget store..LOL

Reactions: QuadBart
The target deal wasn't hear-say. I saw several Indianapolis stores that had them for $349. As for non-OEM batteries I rum several in my P2V+ and like them better then the DJI's. Every Phantom I've read about that suddenly fell from the sky had DJI batteries.

Can I ask... Why would only some Target stores have those unbelievable prices? I went to my local Target last saturday and was looking at a P3S in the case for $499. Batts were $149. I am currently in the market for a well priced standard.

Can I ask... Why would only some Target stores have those unbelievable prices? I went to my local Target last saturday and was looking at a P3S in the case for $499. Batts were $149. I am currently in the market for a well priced standard.

Some targets were clearancing them out. Some of us were lucky enough to get them, along with the batteries. However the P3s clearance has been over for a few weeks. Not sure if you're going to see the prices that low again.

My question exactly. I may buy a second standard as a backup, but IMO, 499 is a good price, so I don't pay any attention to Target anymore, don't sop at target anymore, will never shop at target again. Amazon has them at 499, and they deliver. My understanding of corporate practices is very limited. But it seems like Target is screwin up, one way or the other.

Some targets were clearancing them out. Some of us were lucky enough to get them, along with the batteries. However the P3s clearance has been over for a few weeks. Not sure if you're going to see the prices that low again.

Could be in store clearance . Could be liquidating stock inventory in anticipation for a newer model . Or could be just plain price mistake/ glitch in the system . It happens and just all depends really .

Could just be a Slickdeal kinda thing. I've come across price mistakes /glitches before found on slickdeals . ($1400 Lenovo yoga 2 pro i7 , 8 gb ram ,512 gb ssd new for 560$ at Best Buy due to a price match of a price mistake . They still honored the sale )

I originally posted the deal stating YMMV ( your mileage may vary ) some understood and some didn't . Some were lucky enough and hopped on the deal when found , glad I helped at least 2 ppl come up on sweet deals for the p3s

Could be in store clearance . Could be liquidating stock inventory in anticipation for a newer model . Or could be just plain price mistake/ glitch in the system . It happens and just all depends really .

Could just be a Slickdeal kinda thing. I've come across price mistakes /glitches before found on slickdeals . ($1400 Lenovo yoga 2 pro i7 , 8 gb ram ,512 gb ssd new for 560$ at Best Buy due to a price match of a price mistake . They still honored the sale )

I originally posted the deal stating YMMV ( your mileage may vary ) some understood and some didn't . Some were lucky enough and hopped on the deal when found , glad I helped at least 2 ppl come up on sweet deals for the p3s
IAITA

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4