Phantom 3 sport mode?

S

sandman259

Is there a way in settings or software or app or anything that can make the phantom 3 kind of have a sport mode aka(go faster)? I heard in atti mode it goes faster but don't know if that's true. You would think it would be pretty easy to accomplish being it just tilts the angle of the drone more...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Is there a way in settings or software or app or anything that can make the phantom 3 kind of have a sport mode aka(go faster)? I heard in atti mode it goes faster but don't know if that's true. You would think it would be pretty easy to accomplish being it just tilts the angle of the drone more...
Sport mode in the P4 has a greater tilt angle than atti mode for the P3.
It's easy enough to experiment with atti mode to see what it will do.
The tilt angle is set in the firmware so it's not something you can easily tinker with.

I'll have to try it tomorrow and check it out. So did you actually see the mph go up in atti mode?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
It's definitely faster but mind you, it's because it's not having to deal with GPS as it's turned off. Use it on a windy day and you're in for a new experience. I've hit 54mph personally.

Wow 54!!! That's almost 10 more then sport mode in the phantom 4...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Wind definitely had something to do with it. I couldn't grab a screenshot in time.

Attachments

• 1462530604165.jpg
    1462530604165.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 1,770
I think they limited the speed recently or applied an adjustment to the amount of lean/tilt you can get in ATTI mode. I used to go out against the wind and flip it into ATTI to see how fast it would go. It seems like I can't get the same speed anymore.

I could see them limiting the speed. :rolleyes: Can't have a Phantom 3 going faster than their new models "go fast" mode now can they. Helps to push people towards the newer more expensive model. I hope I'm wrong, but I've seen it before with other products. -=Mike G.

Reactions: mikesmiley
That sucks...too bad an app like litchi couldn't somehow have a way around that...

Nice!! 50mph.

The Fed-ex guy just showed up! I did end up with the new W323B with the GL300C. Opened the manual and it still says "16m/s" max velocity (in ATTi mode) so that's just over 35mph without a tail wind. :cool: -=Mike G.

How fast is gps mode anyway? I've never really payed attention when flying...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4