Phantom 3 shaking problem

Reaction score
Hello, i bought phantom 3! Did test flight and then i was waching video footage and is shaking. I put on table without props and gimball making noise like Phone is Vibrating for few secounds When i touch gimball Its stops for A while, but physhicly i dont See any shaking or vibrating but When you watch video you see! I did:
imu calibration
Gimball calibration
I Checked screw on gimball
Changed all anti drop thinks

And still all the same!

Here you can See in corners how video looks like!

Welcome to the forum!
Dampeners or Drop Pins?
Four Dampeners, Two drop pins diagonal.

Perfectly level when you do the IMU and Gimbal Calibration.

Rod

Mine did that a couple of times when I mistakenly started it up with the gimbal guard on. I landed it as soon as I realized, and removed the gimbal guard. But it continued until I had completely restarted both controller and AC.
Make sure your gimbal is completely free when you energize the bird. Even tall grass can cause this issue, in my experience. And it needs to be on a flat level surface while the gimbal does its little "dance".

Last edited:
Reactions: Pharm and RodPad
I Tried even on table is still the same, why i dont know, but When i touch with finger Its stops but When i start to fly Its again back

Post a video of your phantom from your phone or something.

Sounds like something is causing vibrations somewhere either in the gimbal or the ac.

Here is the video from gimball Shake in air, but Its the same When Its on table without props, When you lightly touch gimball Its stops, you cant See how Its actually shaking, but sounds like mobile phone vibrating :)

Mine has identical vibration in video while in the air, but not when stationary. When stationary it is perfectly still. If yours does it when stationary, I would recommend again checking the yaw screw that is it tight and that it sits against the flat side of the axle, and remove the cover from the roll arm (5 screws) to check if the "half moon" is aligned properly (watch youtube videos) with your camera - the flat side should point up and should be parallel to the camera body.

A couple of things I have done lately that seem to help a bit, not 100% but the shake is barely noticeable now. I downgraded my firmware to previous version v1.07.9 DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help (not sure if it helped) and also adjusted gains. Go to your Aircraft -> Advanced Settings -> Gain and lower the values there. They are all set to 100 and I read in other threads that this causes shake in newer firmware. I lowered mine to 90-90-80-90 and shake is pretty much gone from the videos. I think the Yaw value the one that causes changes, so you can play with them and see if it helps.

Same as mine check this :

All of ykamenet say is true. But problem not gone completely for me...

I have same think When i touch Its stops, i will try to lower gains! Thanks for advice! If Its Not gonna help i will have to bring to Dji center where they fix droines what they gonna tell me!

There was problem with gimball motor i called serviss they changed my giball verticall motor in 10min and now Its working perfect! Its cost me 80.euro

Reactions: ykamenet
I purchased a used gimbal/camera from eBay and replaced mine. It is back to normal and works great. Would still like to find our what gimbal motor is causing this issue so I can fix my original one.

Reactions: Quadfor
I purchased a used gimbal/camera from eBay and replaced mine. It is back to normal and works great. Would still like to find our what gimbal motor is causing this issue so I can fix my original one.
HOw cost to you ? the gimbal cost is almost same of all new phantom 3 s...

I paid $120. My reasoning was that I knew one of my gimbal motors was bad, but I wasn't exactly sure which one. Each motor alone is between 30 - 40 plus shipping. So I figured for $120 I can pick up a used gimbal/camera and even if it is broken I hoped to salvage the motors from it. I got lucky, the one I got is perfect and works like new. So I ended up just replacing my shaky one which I may sell for parts (or keep for parts). When I installed another camera, I could not pair the controller no matter what I tried, I spent an hour trying. I thought the camera I got is bad. Then I realized that it could be on older firmware. So I loaded the SD card with latest firmware and let it do the upgrade, which it did. After that, it paired with no issues and works perfectly.

Reactions: Loz

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl