Phantom 3 se wifi connection

Reaction score
If I have to connect my phone or tablet to my Phantom 3 SE using wifi, then surely it is not possible to update maps at the same time on DJI GO, or Litchi ?
My phone can normally update maps in the field - as long as I'm near a town, but when its connected to the controller, this is not possible. With a Wifi connection, it tries to get all data on that pipeline, and ofcourse, it is not an internet connection.
So, the maps in Litchi are empty squares - it wont attempt to update the map data until the phantom has been launched, at which point the Wifi is connected, and there is no internet connection

If I have to connect my phone or tablet to my Phantom 3 SE using wifi, then surely it is not possible to update maps at the same time on DJI GO, or Litchi ?
My phone can normally update maps in the field - as long as I'm near a town, but when its connected to the controller, this is not possible. With a Wifi connection, it tries to get all data on that pipeline, and ofcourse, it is not an internet connection.
So, the maps in Litchi are empty squares - it wont attempt to update the map data until the phantom has been launched, at which point the Wifi is connected, and there is no internet connection
HI have a read about caching maps,,once they been saved it there all the time

Reactions: jimdunstan
Hi, in both cases, when still on internet connected wifi or phone data, open Go or Litchi, open the map, move around to the extents you intend to fly, zoom in and out etc.
this will cache the maps on the device, ready to use when no internet connection is available.

Reactions: jimdunstan

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj