Phantom 3 + Samsung Gear VR

Can I use Gear VR to FPV with the P3?

• Total voters
(Bernek) I just used cheap 6x reading glasses that I found on Amazon. I tried many types of lenses but reading glasses were the best. They are good optical aspherical lenses. You can find them cheap too. Look at my profile and I have done a write up on it. It works incredibly well. The one thing that also looks promising is the new Quanum 2 Pro that uses new lenses and has deeper focal length with a sleeve for your phone.

Reactions: bernek
(Bernek) I just used cheap 6x reading glasses that I found on Amazon. I tried many types of lenses but reading glasses were the best. They are good optical aspherical lenses. You can find them cheap too. Look at my profile and I have done a write up on it. It works incredibly well. The one thing that also looks promising is the new Quanum 2 Pro that uses new lenses and has deeper focal length with a sleeve for your phone.

You used the lenses for them or the actual glasses ? I'm looking for fresnel lenses to mod my VRBOX glasses (not sure where to start yet).

You used the lenses for them or the actual glasses ? I'm looking for fresnel lenses to mod my VRBOX glasses (not sure where to start yet).

Personally I HATE Fresnel lenses because they distort images and add lines.
This is what I did with a cheap Quanum 1
I made a Quanum/Cardboard/4X HD FPV Viewer from my phone

...and my HooToo VR viewer mod that I currently use.

Google Cardboard HooToo VR 2D FPV viewer modification

It seems like the new Quanum 2 Pro may be better than these since they finally did what I did with my Quanum 1, only better. The big plus is they seem to have added a way to put your phone in it.

Personally I HATE Fresnel lenses because they distort images and add lines.
This is what I did with a cheap Quanum 1
I made a Quanum/Cardboard/4X HD FPV Viewer from my phone

...and my HooToo VR viewer mod that I currently use.

Google Cardboard HooToo VR 2D FPV viewer modification

It seems like the new Quanum 2 Pro may be better than these since they finally did what I did with my Quanum 1, only better. The big plus is they seem to have added a way to put your phone in it.
This is a really a good work.

Thank you.

What mods are needed for the Samsung gear vr and notes phone with lichi app?

Litchi VR works fine on the P3 Standard.

It will work on the Advanced and Pro, but you need to modify the headset to fit the USB cord through as it does not pass data the way it is.

I got a cheap $20 headset and use it with Litchi. (Instead of drilling my Gear VR) Works great.

Reactions: JonEQuest
That's what I did. The gear is very cool but not meant for this. Why ruin your gear and you can just get a cheap headset for FPV.

I just use a modified HooToo VR viewer and view in 2D. It is a pretty comfortable viewer with pupil distance and focus adjustments. Unmodified it worked well for Litchi VR 3D view too. I have not been hands on with one yet but I do like the ShineCon one has the knob for adjusting focus. I don't think it has pupil distance (separation) adjustments though. That is a critical adjustment in my opinion. If your eye width is different than the lenses it simply won't loom as good or you get blurry edges, doubled view, etc.

P.S. No one should hack up a Samsung Gear when you can just buy a cheap VR viewer that will work just as good or better for $20.

I got mine to work with some easy Dremel holes. Rubber red cap to protect charge port from damage. (fits like a glove)
M VR Gear still works as it should just remove cap and insert phone to other side.
I have a DJI- P3. Pro
Samsung S7 Android.
The app I use is Litchi.
Crystal Clear.
I have uploaded pics to help.
If a plumber can do it, anyone can.
DJI Go app should have a FPV function
On day fingers crossed.

Hope this helps Guys fly safe.

Thats the most informativa and useful post yet.
People your problem is solved thanks to this man

I have a Samsung s7 and just tried my Phantom 3 Standard with Drone VR, and it worked in my Gear VR without any modifications.

I got mine to work with some easy Dremel holes. Rubber red cap to protect charge port from damage. (fits like a glove)
M VR Gear still works as it should just remove cap and insert phone to other side.
I have a DJI- P3. Pro
Samsung S7 Android.
The app I use is Litchi.
Crystal Clear.
I have uploaded pics to help.
If a plumber can do it, anyone can.
DJI Go app should have a FPV function
On day fingers crossed.

Hope this helps Guys fly safe.
How does the phone stay put with that one clamp flipped up?

It actually stays in fine. I don't use my gear though. I use homemade viewers and plan to use a Magicsee M1 Pro that I bought when I modify it to have adjustable focus. It is an all in one VR viewer with 2k resolution, that you can install DJIGo on. It just has crappy non adjustable lenses.

I have found a usb cable on ebay that has an end that is at 90 degress and just fits in if you take the usb bit out of the gear vr goggles.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20