Phantom 3 recording wrong date on video files

Reaction score
Video files showing 01/01/2098 in all videos from my phantom 3 adv. This thing began some days ago. Everything is on the last version, firmware, battery and dji go app.
The flight records on the android samsung galaxy s2 tablet are ok, this happens only on the sd card.
Thanks for any help.

Reactions: Forester
This same thing happened to me a while back but the date was something like 01/01/2001. It seems my tablet just needed to connect to the internet after which I got correct dates on the SD card files. I know it doesn't make sense but that's what solved the problem for me on my P2V.

Hi Marknmd,

My samsung galaxy s2 has cellular and is always connected to the internet. The date is set to auto, so i don't think the problem is the same of yours, but i thank you anyway.

AFAIK Phantom gets date/time from GPS, not the mobile device. If the time is incorrect, you might try to give the AC enough time to get the info. You may also try to reformat the SD card in the AC to maybe try another SD card. Rebooting everything might also help. This is just AFAIK so please correct me if I'm wrong.

I think I've read somebody say that before, but how could that be if I am flying three days in a row and getting bad dates each time?

Maybe try plugging your Phantom into your desktop and bringing up Phantom assistant?

I' ve contacted DJI support and here is the answer:

Dear Ricardo,

Thank you for contacting DJI Support.

Have you checked the Date and Time Settings of your mobile device?
Please make sure that this is set on your Local Time:
JCo7CavnVv7V3mpFk8wftRBwi

The date and time stamp on your images & movies follows the date settings of your mobile device.

----------------------------------------

As you see above DJI support told the timestamp comes from the tablet, not GPS. The date on my iphone 6 and samsung tablet are ok, both set to auto. The flight records have correct timestamp, the problem is on sd card only.

Reactions: matti
DJI support told the timestamp comes from the tablet, not GPS. The date on my iphone 6 and samsung tablet are ok, both set to auto. The flight records have correct timestamp, the problem is on sd card only.

It is possible to run the AC just with the RC without a mobile device. Where does the time come then?

Reactions: Quest-So
Matti, I just notice that it's possible take pictures and movies without a mobile device just using the two buttons on the RC. Yes, good point, I think you're right and this confirms the time come from the GPS. The answer I've got from DJI support doesn't make sense. Thanks for clarifying this.

I have tried:

- wait gps get 12 or more satelites and format the sd card
- the same with another card (sandisk extreme and sandisk ultra)
- tried another app (litchi)
- tried iphone 6
- deleted dji go and reinstalled it
- reinstalled firmware on the AC (don't know how to do this on the RC)
- have tried google and other foruns

actual status:

- it continues not recording the date and time on sd card
- it does record succesfully on the tablet

So the creation time of mp4 (and mov?) files is still incorrect? I guess .jpg and .dng (file times and at least metadata EXIF) are OK?

So the creation time of mp4 (and mov?) files is still incorrect? I guess .jpg and .dng (file times and at least metadata EXIF) are OK?

Yes, .mov and .dng creation date and metadata EXIF are still incorrect. Some exif viewers show 01/01/1970 and others 01/01/2098.

in the board of your gimbal there is a Quartz, which is the timer for date. It is broken I think.

Ricardo, try to downgrade your AC fw with 1 step, from the actual (a well known trouble maker) v1.10.90, down to v1.09.60. There are threads that explain well the procedure to follow. It might be you cannot step down just 1 version, but it will force you to go back further to v1.7.xx See if this solves the wrong time stamp issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers