Phantom 3 rc HDMI output board now in store

Just because I'm not seeing it written down somewhere...I have to assume that since this is a DJI sold modification, that the warranty isn't affected after a self-install?

I ordered too. The $99.00 price was a nice surprise since the rumor mill had it pegged at $150 USD.

Coming from the FPV world, I miss my goggles. This will fix that issue for me !

Maybe my HeadPlay's will arrive at the same time.

:h

Reactions: Netsquash
I also ordered the HP's after trying them out with a fellow flyer's Inspire.

Despite the bulky look they were very light. I found the viewing effect not as "immersive" as my FPV goggles but still much more pleasing than my iPad mini 3 even with a sun shield and anti glare screen. Since my interest in the P3 tends more towards long-ish range FPV flight the HP's seem like an excellent alternative to the current crop of HD goggles.

As an added benefit the HP's have a built in 5.8gHz VRx.

:h

Definitely interested in this now that I see how crappy the tablets hold up in the heat. Makes me miss the SD video on my BP (sad to say)

I was reading 150, so it was nice to see 100. I still think I'll buy a inspire tx and sell my phantom tx instead though.
What's the price and feature difference? Excuse my ignorance.

Reactions: SitkaGrover
Maybe a stupid question but...

I use an iPad Mini 3 on my RC. My friend that goes with me when I fly would like his own screen to see what the camera sees.
I have an older iPad he could use. I see they have a 30 pin to HDMI adaptor but will it work in reverse?
Thanks for any help!

Basically how do you use 2 ipads with this or cant you?
I don't believe this will work as this was the problem with the old P2 stock setup. iPads especially will not accept video input although there are some Androids that will do so. I would dig but I'm not sure its worth the effort

Reactions: VenomX15301
$99 is about what it is worth to me. People were saying as much as $199 on rcgroups...

But I think you're limited to only video out with this? You don't see OSD on your Goggles/Headplays, right? You won't see your battery status, gps status, nothing... Or do you?

$99 is about what it is worth to me. People were saying as much as $199 on rcgroups...

But I think you're limited to only video out with this? You don't see OSD on your Goggles/Headplays, right? You won't see your battery status, gps status, nothing... Or do you?

No, it was stated it was going to be less than $150 by the Project Manager. Well it is less than $150 :)

What's the price and feature difference? Excuse my ignorance.

Pretty much the same tx except inspire tx has the HDMI board already. Also has the 5.8ghz radio in it for the dual tx function of the inspire...Does nothing for P3.. I've seen them go on eBay for <450. Meanwhile I could sell my phantom tx for 350ish.

Maybe I could figure out how to utilize the landing gear toggle to do something remotely too...hmmmm.

On the Inspire you can toggle OSD on and off. I am assuming it will be the same for the P3.

Reactions: jcknows0
Yes, you will have the same options as the inspire.

Dual output ON or OFF, OSD via HDMI ON or OFF.

Reactions: snerd and jlo
Yes, you will have the same options as the inspire.

Dual output ON or OFF, OSD via HDMI ON or OFF.

Cool. I guess it should be noted that the OSD from the HDMI out is basic. It does not look like the data from app with the map and all that. Found a pic. :)

hqdefault.jpg

Still better than laggy or frozen video. Don't see any other option in hot summer months/tropical locales.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl