Phantom 3 quad update to 1.19. Do I also need to do controller?

Reaction score
I updated the quad to the latest firmware 1.19. However, on the DJI site it said you do not have to update the controller since the updates only pertain to the quad. So I update the quad, the txt message shows success.
I flew today and get a message on the iPad that there is a firmware update...hmmm. Did I miss something does the controller need to be updated?

Depends on what rev your controller is... I would do it and if it's doesn't need it it will tell you in the text file. No harm no foul.

I did the update as well and have that same attention required needs update. Was on live chat for an hour with them that turned out to be 3 hours long. They came to the conclusion that it's ok to fly. If you go in your settings it even shows that it's running the 1.1.9 update. I have 3 18min flights and don't have any problems.. (yet)... knock on wood. I told him that there's an eternal glitch that is causing the problem and he ended the conversation. So it just leaves me to believe that there is something wrong and there gathering as much info as they can to fix it for the next update. Which I'm going to assume another month or so...

I did the update as well and have that same attention required needs update. Was on live chat for an hour with them that turned out to be 3 hours long. They came to the conclusion that it's ok to fly. If you go in your settings it even shows that it's running the 1.1.9 update. I have 3 18min flights and don't have any problems.. (yet)... knock on wood. I told him that there's an eternal glitch that is causing the problem and he ended the conversation. So it just leaves me to believe that there is something wrong and there gathering as much info as they can to fix it for the next update. Which I'm going to assume another month or so...
I revisited the DJI site last night again to double ck to see if I needed the controller update. And it stated you do not need to update the controller. I assume your right another update will be forthcoming. Nothing worse than to be on the phone with support.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl