Phantom 3 professional vs 4k

Reaction score
I saw a few videos that say there is a difference between the P3P and a 4k model. My P3P says professional and the camera has a 4k on it. So is there a difference in the 2 and if so how do you tell?
They say that the one version doesn't have Lightbridge
Can someone clear that up for me?

P3 4K is basically the P3 Standard with a 4K camera.. All the other advances (including Lightbridge) only apply to the P3A, P3P, and P4 (which has newer features).

So my P3p had a gold plate that says professional so that means I do have a d3p professional with light Bridge? What does the P3 standard use for video? Does it have a Wi-Fi transmitter like the p2's?

So my P3p had a gold plate that says professional so that means I do have a d3p professional with light Bridge? What does the P3 standard use for video? Does it have a Wi-Fi transmitter like the p2's?

Yes, you have a Professional (P3P). Suggest you head on over to DJI site to compare models and read up on what's on each.. Too many differences to start spelling out here..

Does it have a Wi-Fi transmitter like the p2's?
No it's in the TX . It's also more powerful than the standards .Where I can take my Standard 15'000' I have took my 4K 20,000' .
The only thing I see having both other than the better camera is the TX is like the Pro's except for the antennas .
ADDED / Also the bird also has the VPS on the back .

Last edited:
Reactions: Fplvert
No it's in the TX . It's also more powerful than the standards .Where I can take my Standard 15'000' I have took my 4K 20,000' .
The only thing I see having both other than the better camera is the TX is like the Pro's except for the antennas .
ADDED / Also the bird also has the VPS on the back .

How are you taking your Standard 15K feet? Not on the stock antenna and transmission system.. Same for the 4K at 20K feet..

Look in my signature and you see what I use .
Standard has 17 dbi compared to the 4K having 27 .Might be off on those #'s but close .So it will go farther .

Reactions: Fplvert
Look in my signature and you see what I use .
Standard has 17 dbi compared to the 4K having 27 .Might be off on those #'s but close .So it will go farther .

Got it.. didn't notice the Itelite panel.. yes that would make a difference..

Reactions: dirkclod
Got it.. didn't notice the Itelite panel.. yes that would make a difference..
Oh it does I like them . :)
da girls.jpg

Reactions: liketogethigh
I am thinking about selling my p3p to venture into the model rc aircraft but I don't want to get rid of it until I am 100% sure that the p4 is superior in every way. I don't want to get rid of it then find myself buying it over again

I am thinking about selling my p3p to venture into the model rc aircraft but I don't want to get rid of it until I am 100% sure that the p4 is superior in every way. I don't want to get rid of it then find myself buying it over again

You're the only one that can assess what the differences are and their worth (if this is a business). Remember there are 3rd party apps (like Litchi) that add similar function, etc.. There are other differences though as well..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl