P3 Firmware Phantom 3 Professional Remote Firmware Version

Reaction score
What is the most current firmware version for a Phantom 3 Pro remote control?

Everything seems to be operational and the overall status is "normal". I just updated my drone to firmware version 1.9.60 and noticed that the remote is showing version 1.6.0.

Thanks!

Reactions: Aungsoelutt
Greetings,
I have been battling with the latest updates for the DJI phantom 3 pro like the rest of the free world.
i managed to finally get the controller to link to the drone, but now I am experiencing 2 things..1 the compass wil not calibrate. 2 the two rear lights keep blinking in yellow and will not turn green as before. any suggestions? i have already downloaded and reloaded the update via mini sd card several times but no difference.... Help please anyone?

i managed to finally get the controller to link to the drone
the two rear lights keep blinking in yellow and will not turn green as before

While blinking yellow can mean several things based on the speed and pattern, the usual reason is no link.
Which basically means, your statements contradict each other. Do the proper linking.

It's not that I don't agree, but must it be stated in such a harsh way. . . . after all, there is no telling how much experience this gentleman posses, after all we are all interested in this hobby as a common factor. it's just that some of us have been involved in the hobby (which by the way I believe it should be changed to SPORT" . . . but in any case maybe a little more questioning might reveal his dilemma. . . . Do you think, Humbly, Tom

Reactions: quaddamage
Yes, you're right. I should restrict myself in this case. Mark did described the problem relatively well, pity he didn't got any answer in almost 3 weeks.

Yes, you're right. I should restrict myself in this case. Mark did described the problem relatively well, pity he didn't got any answer in almost 3 weeks.
To tell you the truth Quaddamage, I think that your response was very accurate. . . . . But unrelated to your comments, I can't help wondering just how ethical certain unnamed individuals lack ethics in place of millions of dollars of profit?? (and let's not forget the dividends they need their stock holders to enjoy?"

Hi there guys
I have version 1.6.0 on my RC and of course it calls for un update. Trying to update my RC via the DJI app to version 1.9.3, as stated, but after the upgrade the RC beeps like crazy and does not respond. I then try to downgrade it to version 1.8. No luck here. Then finally I manage to downgrade it to version 1.6.0 again. I have tried a couple of times to upgrade the RC since it wants to be upgraded but no luck. So now I am stuck on 1.6.0 and constantly sees the red blinking square in the DJI app craving for an upgrade. Any suggestions?
Any help will be appreciated.
Regards from a confused viking in Sweden :)

Last edited:
I am stuck on 1.6.0 and constantly sees the red blinking square in the DJI app craving for an upgrade. Any suggestions?

Search for info on how to disable the upgrade functionality.

There is no reason to be upgraded. You will find many threads about this.

Hey Frasrobert, It would help if you mentioned what drone model you are referring to?? also when you say it just keeps on beeping during your firmware update attempt. . . . . ?? Is the beeping sound that you are hearing very loud??, Regards, Tom

Hey Frasrobert, It would help if you mentioned what drone model you are referring to?? also when you say it just keeps on beeping during your firmware update attempt. . . . . ?? Is the beeping sound that you are hearing very loud??, Regards, Tom
Hi there. Sorry for not beeing more specific. Since this thread referes to the "Phantom 3 Professional Remote Firmware version" I just thought it was obvoius :) So, yes, I have a Phantom 3 Professional. I also wrote that the RC beeps like crazy after the upgrade (loud). It beeps a little during the upgrade also. But after the upgrade is done and the RC is restarted, I get an error message in the DJI app and the RC beeps loudly.

I also have a Phantom 3 Professional. after multiple upgrade attempts, my RC still beeps like crazy with light flashing red, and still will not connect. Does 'ANYONE' have an answer???

I just ran across a Youtube video on the Litchi App might this help with the "Disconnect/Beeping non-functional" P3P problem ??

Hi there. Sorry for not beeing more specific. Since this thread referes to the "Phantom 3 Professional Remote Firmware version" I just thought it was obvoius :) So, yes, I have a Phantom 3 Professional. I also wrote that the RC beeps like crazy after the upgrade (loud). It beeps a little during the upgrade also. But after the upgrade is done and the RC is restarted, I get an error message in the DJI app and the RC beeps loudly.

Well frasrobert, I know that this may sound highly unlikely, but. . . I suggest that you do the following. . . . Because the beeping is "Obnoxiously loud" and yes I have experienced the same exact situation!!. . . ? What I am about to describe for you to follow is exactly what I was told to do by a "Second tier tech." At dji support! When I hung up the phone with dji support I said to my to self, Well there goes another wasted 30 min on hold only to be told some dumb and ridicules procedure to follow to correct this ear splitting beeping, simply because the tech, at DJI who told me to do this procedure simply didn't have a clue as to how to correct this issue so I said to myself (well he just gave me a load of bull in order to dump me off the phone so he would not have to be bothered with my mystery!!
However to my surprise what he told me to do did exactly what he said it would. . . And that was "PROBLEM COMPLETELY RESOLVED" frankly I was surprised because I have had other so called tech.'s do this to me before!. . . .All I can say is it worked flawlessly, and the pro has been flying perfectly ever since, this happened to one of my customers P3P about 2 months ago, So to the point at hand: Simply use a new "never before used" sim card of at least 16GB, make sure that you use a PC to format it anyway! Then decompress the d/l new firmware from DJI'S website, then copy over only the bin. file to the sim card.Make sure that you start out with a fully!! charged battery. Insert the 16GB card into the Gimbal slot, which is the standard procedure when doing a firmware upgrade. Then turn on your aircraft at the battery power button, make sure that your tablet or phone (which ever has your "DJI Go App" is turned on. . . . Shortly after you do this the gimbal should start BEEPING AS LOAD AS A #I$TC&H. . . . . at this point pick up your P3P and put it into a room far away from your ear drums!!, Close the door usually within 45 to 50 min it will have that nice normal da dah dah . . . completed beeping sound. Simply turn off your drone, switch to a new battery and remove the sim card. Then you can go and fly high in the sky!!. . . As my very happy customer has done and 2 months later is still flying high!!, Hope it works for you as it did exactly as I was told by the level 2 DJI tech. said it would, and most certainly did. Best Regards, Tom

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj