Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking for some help if possible. I purchased a Phantom 3 Professional in September last year, gave it about 10 flights and worked perfectly. Since winter, it's been in it's box until this week.

Upon taking it out if it's box again, I was prompted to update several firmware - Battery, RC, Camera and main unit. All seemed to go fine as far as I know however, since upgrading, i've got a 'no signal' message on the display of the iPad / iPhone. All others functionality seems fine, it's just the video feedback from the camera to the phone which is the problem.

I've trawled the internet and come across lots of other users who reported the same issue (mainly last year) which suggest reinstalling / downgrading firmware. I have tried quite a few of the suggestions but still no further on.

Current firmware / software versions are:

APP: 2.7.2 (ios)
Aircraft: 1.8.80
RC: 1.6

I have also raised a ticket with DJI but would rather not have to resort to sending it back if I can resolve the issue myself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I have the same exact issue with mine. Tried everything but nothing brings the camera back

Hi all,

I'm looking for some help if possible. I purchased a Phantom 3 Professional in September last year, gave it about 10 flights and worked perfectly. Since winter, it's been in it's box until this week.

Upon taking it out if it's box again, I was prompted to update several firmware - Battery, RC, Camera and main unit. All seemed to go fine as far as I know however, since upgrading, i've got a 'no signal' message on the display of the iPad / iPhone. All others functionality seems fine, it's just the video feedback from the camera to the phone which is the problem.

I've trawled the internet and come across lots of other users who reported the same issue (mainly last year) which suggest reinstalling / downgrading firmware. I have tried quite a few of the suggestions but still no further on.

Current firmware / software versions are:

APP: 2.7.2 (ios)
Aircraft: 1.8.80
RC: 1.6

I have also raised a ticket with DJI but would rather not have to resort to sending it back if I can resolve the issue myself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Just had this identical issue. Sent it into dji and the main board needs to be replaced. They must've shipped out a batch of these with faulty hardware....and they expect us to pay for it. Not happening

Just had this identical issue. Sent it into dji and the main board needs to be replaced. They must've shipped out a batch of these with faulty hardware....and they expect us to pay for it. Not happening

I can't see why they would need to swap out a motherboard, when it's only a firmware change that's caused all these issues in the first place. Everbod (including myself) reports that it worked perfectly fine prior to any updates.

Yep. send it in. Had no signal issues that started out of nowhere and all is better now.
I couldn't tell what they did but it didn't take them long at all.

Sent mine in. Not sure what they did but all working perfect now. Here's what they said. I market up the phantom with my initials and got it back.

Dear Darmie Neal Rudsill,
Thank you for contacting DJI NORTH AMERICA, according to your RMA 278248 the repair department has repaired/replaced the following items:

Phantom 3 Aircraft (Excludes Remote Controller Camera Battery and Battery Charger ) (Pro/Adv)[CP.PT.XXXXXX]
No further details available.

I can't see why they would need to swap out a motherboard, when it's only a firmware change that's caused all these issues in the first place. Everbod (including myself) reports that it worked perfectly fine prior to any updates.
I agree. I have had no issues with my P3 (this is my 3rd one as I sold the previous two). The Go App updated on my two tablets and then I had no video transmission on 1 and no signal on the other app. I decided to update the firmware on my controller and drone to fix the problem and now I get no signal. Checking the firmware all is well but it has set the date on the drone board to 1/1/14. The controller is green but the app is still bad. What's the best way forward.

EDIT: Mine is finally fixed so I can fly this Memorial Day weekend. You must have 1.8.x on your Aircraft, 1.6 on the RC, and whatever the current DJI GO app is on and you might have to delete the app once on your tablet. All in all pretty crappy and who knows what I've lost with the new firmware. I really wish I had prevented the app from auto-updating and killing my video feed which started this whole mess.

Last edited:
I agree. I have had no issues with my P3 (this is my 3rd one as I sold the previous two). The Go App updated on my two tablets and then I had no video transmission on 1 and no signal on the other app. I decided to update the firmware on my controller and drone to fix the problem and now I get no signal. Checking the firmware all is well but it has set the date on the drone board to 1/1/14. The controller is green but the app is still bad. What's the best way forward.

EDIT: Mine is finally fixed so I can fly this Memorial Day weekend. You must have 1.8.x on your Aircraft, 1.6 on the RC, and whatever the current DJI GO app is on and you might have to delete the app once on your tablet. All in all pretty crappy and who knows what I've lost with the new firmware. I really wish I had prevented the app from auto-updating and killing my video feed which started this whole mess.

by mistake i updated dji go from 2.4.3 to latest version and i lost video signal
im running an old firmware, so ill try upgrading the firmware (with all the negatives that come with it...) and see if that fixes the ¨no signal¨ error.

my settings are:

app: 2.4.3 (i downloaded to that version)
aircraft: 1.4.10
rc: 1.4.3

ill keep you informed.

updated to 1.5 and i recovered signal from camera, but lost rc signal :(

I have had my P3P stored for a few months. The battery of the RC was dead flat.
The Battery of the P3P still had 2 bars.
I recharged both batteries and started them as per instructions (RC first, then the P3P and last my Asus tablet) I get “No Signal”. I follow the same procedure again and I see “Disconnected”.
Again, I follow the same procedure and I see “No Signal”. There is also an update notification on the RC. I update the RC successfully from 1.3.20 to V.1.6.0
I check if there are updates for the P3P. There are, I was running V1.3.20 and I download V1.8.80.
I follow the update procedure as per instructions. I turn on the P3P and the camera LED flashes green (warming up), then solid green, and after a few seconds alternating green/red. (Installing update) After 17 seconds the gimbal motors seem to run constant and the Camera light turns solid red.(Fail) I wait about 20 minutes but nothing changes and the gimbal gets really hot. (Failed)
I turn it off and try again, same result, I try again with another memory card, same result.
I format the card and try again, same result.

I check the App for the version of the firmware: It says: V.1.8.80 (??) After a failed update?
I check for an update on the app, that was available and I downloaded and installed the update ver.2.8.1 from 2.3.0
I turn on the RC, the P3P and last the app. No connection or whatsoever, can not even go in camera mode. Retried again and again, no camera mode. I uninstalled the update and re-installed the old version. Now I can go in camera mode, but still “No Signal”.
I installed the app V.2.8.1 on my Lenovo android phone, same result: No Signal.
When I turn on the RC the LED is red, when I turn on the P3P the LED on the RC turns green.
I tried RC linking but it runs into “Time-Out”.

This is where I am now, 3 days later and still no signal.
Any help would be appreciated!
At this moment I am running:
App V.2.3.0 on the Asus Tablet or V.2.8.1 on the Lenovo Smartphone
RC V1.6.0
Firmware V.1.8.80 (Even though it failed)

Here is the Log: (Note the incorrect dates)

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======

Packet: P3X_FW_V01.04.0010.bin

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:11 remo-con disconnect======

Upgrading ...

Result: Success.

========== 2015.10.05 20:08:50 =====================

Result: Abort.

The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:14 remo-con disconnect======

Packet: P3X_FW_V01.08.0080.bin

Upgrading ...

Result: Failed.

Reboot the aircraft and try to upgrade the firmware again.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:13 remo-con disconnect======

========== 2014.01.01 00:02:48 remo-con disconnect======

Packet: P3X_FW_V01.07.0060.bin

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.