Phantom 3 professional issue.

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

First of all I would like to mention I am new to this forum and new to quad copters and enjoying my new found hobby.
I recently bought a phantom 3 professional last weekend
. I updated the firmware before I took it out for its maiden flight.
As I live near the beach, I decided to take it down there and start flying.
I decided to get the feel of it first before taking it up to a reasonable height first.
I did all the pre-flight checks before launching it off the ground and did the auto slide to take off first....No problem so far.. It hovered about 4 feet off the ground. I then did an auto land..Again no problem.

I then repeated the process. But this time when the phantom took off, it immediately veered to the right and before I could take control it slammed into the ground and flipped onto its side breaking two propellers and cracking the shell.
Is checked the log on my iPad mini two and it registered a change from GPS to ATTI mode. But I thought that even in ATTI mode the phantom would still maintain it's stability?

I have since put the phantom away until I can repair it and understand why this happened.
Can anyone tell me if I did something wrong? Or is it a DJI problem?

Many thanks in advance to those who reply.

John

Hi, I followed the quick start program and set the aircraft in beginner mode with restricted flight limits.
I also updated to 1.2.6 firmware.
Still this should not have happened? That's why I put in beginner mode and calibrated before flight.

If you were truly in beginner mode, the only way it could have switched to ATTI is if it lost GPS signal. Did you do a proper IMU calibration before the flight? Did you shut down the craft after you landed the first time or did you land, idle, then take off again?

I did not do an IMU and I turned off the aircraft and then restarted it in the same location as before.

did i do something wrong?

Hard to say if you did something wrong, but generally speaking, an IMU calibration is highly recommended prior to the first flight (and any time after you update the firmware).

Thanks for your input. I am currenty emailing DJI back and forth but trying to access flight logs...nightmare!

Hello everyone!

First of all I would like to mention I am new to this forum and new to quad copters and enjoying my new found hobby.
I recently bought a phantom 3 professional last weekend
. I updated the firmware before I took it out for its maiden flight.
As I live near the beach, I decided to take it down there and start flying.
I decided to get the feel of it first before taking it up to a reasonable height first.
I did all the pre-flight checks before launching it off the ground and did the auto slide to take off first....No problem so far.. It hovered about 4 feet off the ground. I then did an auto land..Again no problem.

I then repeated the process. But this time when the phantom took off, it immediately veered to the right and before I could take control it slammed into the ground and flipped onto its side breaking two propellers and cracking the shell.
Is checked the log on my iPad mini two and it registered a change from GPS to ATTI mode. But I thought that even in ATTI mode the phantom would still maintain it's stability?

I have since put the phantom away until I can repair it and understand why this happened.
Can anyone tell me if I did something wrong? Or is it a DJI problem?

Many thanks in advance to those who reply.

John

John,

Did you happen to perform comps calibrations in or near the sand on the beach?

Any idea what the main power board is called as I need to replace mine and can't find this part on Amazon or EBay? I had a crash and busted two connectors to this part.

Yes, I did the compass calibration at the exact location where the aircraft took off and veered of and crashed...Next to the beach (about 5 meters away from the beach).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31