Phantom 3 Professional Fly Away

How you getting on with the video Tyler Noble, Few of us pretty keen to see it and try and work out more for you.
Uploading now... got distracted with work.. on hold with DJI for 54 min and counting, open a insurance claim on my credit card... busy morning

Video is uploading!! Youtube link in a few minutes
Any chance you could upload the .TXT file from the first flight with the crash into the bushes, too?

Is it possible that one of the props was fractured from the prior crash and failed causing the sudden jolt? There was another post on here where somebody didn't notice that they had a failed prop.
Yes, that's possible. I'd missed there was a prior crash. That could explain a lot here.

So there must be several 1st owner/pilots to not know to calibrate the controller before 1st flight. It's a very basic procedure that takes less then a minute to complete. It is something that someone should not need to told to do it.

Now there is separate processes for 4 calibration procedures in the Pilot App. The IMU, Compass, Controller, and Gimbal.
Fully knew I should calibrate the RC had done it once on my P2V+ but it has flown perfect without doing it.

VIDEO IS UP.
PIP mode, slight outta sync (imovie)
will upload the raw POV video next

I knew something was off as soon as it took off.
it drifted and flew crooked.
Had 3 sets of eyes on it the whole time and it didn't hit anything.
both flights it would appear as if it did, throwing a 45 degree tilt and then fast acceleration to its doom.

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew nothing of this and had not read anything on the subject ever, or seen a YouTube vid on it. You learn something new every day and will do it once little un has gone to bed. have I been skating on thin ice not doing this.

I see telltale TBE before it's goes fully Pete Tong. What happens then is hard to say. I don't see any birds. I do see gimbal twitching. And very high speed flight sideways.

How did you get the POV video if the copter ended up in the water?

Video cache off device. It's also fun to go in and look at when say, your girlfriend plays with the camera while your not around and doesn't realize that the video is cached on the mobile device. ;)

VIDEO IS UP.
PIP mode, slight outta sync (imovie)
will upload the raw POV video next

I knew something was off as soon as it took off.
it drifted and flew crooked.

yeah this looks like it might be a rotor issue or a hardware that might have been caused by the first crash. the bird always seems to tilt in one direction at a very steep angle and then tries to compensate.

Note also that the compass thinks the quad and gimbal is pointing NNW, but the video clearly shows the camera is pointing East towards the shore. That sudden jolt though... hard to explain without an impact or mechanical failure, don't you think? Note also that he's ascending rapidly at the moment of the jolt, so if he did hit something, it could have been above (and hence not visible in the camera).

Im thinking it looks like something hit it at 39 all so. it seems to just go of whack at 39.

That could easily be the P3 doing that. If it was a bird, it was a very camera shy bird. And birds don't cause TBE. And it does not explain what happened in the data.

Reactions: StevenQX
If a bird hit one of the back props from above, you wouldn't see the bird in the video. The camera only has a 90 degree FoV.

Im thinking it looks like something hit it at 39 all so. it seems to just go of whack at 39.
dont think it hit anyting or we would see some feather debris. it almost looks as if one of the rotors stopped rotating or was in partial power.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj