Phantom 3 Professional Firmware Update Problems

Still wanting help with the copter. The controller I have not yet touched. Any ideas on the copter guys - its just beep beep beep beep....cant get it to boot off the SD card. It just beeps at me
I have same problem, its continues beep sound with yellow light blinking and solid red light.
I have tried to roll back and give it a try with 1.1.9, but no, the problem still exist.

With the new update, I wonder where the voice went that speaks to you when you first turn on Phantom? no more atti mode....atti mode atti mode
Hi... I had same issue with my new p3p controller past weekend. Kept trying all three upload methods until controller would not even acknowledge the card when turned on.
I did more online research and found that DJI is aware of controller model ending in "B" having this firmware upload issue. Supposedly to be fixed in next update. Hope this helps!

Hi... I had same issue with my new p3p controller past weekend. Kept trying all three upload methods until controller would not even acknowledge the card when turned on.
I did more online research and found that DJI is aware of controller model ending in "B" having this firmware upload issue. Supposedly to be fixed in next update. Hope this helps!

What's weird about that is my voice came back with this upgrade. It was gone after the last.

Thanks for the update - any idea how soon DJI will make the new update available?
I presume its way too risky to fly as is?
Is it an idea to download the previous firmware to both AC and RC and fly it until the promised version appears ?

once u upgraded to v1.3.20 u can downgrade to v1.1.9 and i know alot of flyer still using 1.1.9 cuz they dont have problem with it.

Back to the OPs question... What to do if you power cycle the phantom off in the middle of the update and it doesn't seem to try to continue?
Start over and don't power cycle it down for 30 minutes-- too many of these failures are caused by just that fact.--

I got it going. Turns out even though it's got a weird beep pattern, it does do the upgrade. Reformatted the SD card and started fresh to achieve this. Thanks to all for your suggestions.

My controller have this continuous beeping sound every time i power it on. after that, i just move the sticks in different direction and the beeping sound is gone. and i have the safe to fly message.

sometimes it tells me to calibrate the rc. before the calibration the beep sound stops.

but every time i turn on my rc, the beep is still there. what should i do?

Last edited:
And my controller won't update. Put in the USB and nothing. And the iOS app is worthless.
controller will not update using usb...you have to update controller through website now...since update,,,I can't view videos...format seems to be changed...any ideas on how to fix it...looks like it's using apple format...while I'm using android software...

Hi

Hope someone can help.

I just updated my P3 drone with 1.3.2 firmware and it did not end well. The drone didn't complete its cycle. Four red lights lit up, and the drone stopped making a noise. I power cycled it and now it just emits a continuous, ominous "beep beep beep beep".

The file said the update was successful - weird. See attached.

Any suggestions ?

Also where can I get service on it in New Zealand. Preferably Auckland. Would appreciate feedback.

I had the same issue and I just let it beep for 10 minutes and then it stopped beeping and initiated the upgrade.

My controller will not upgrade at all. I have the GL300A and it will not update to 1.03. It just sits there and does nothing. No blue light. I've tried it with usb adapter and straight from drone. Nothing.

Have the same controller. I put the sd card to upgrade to 1.03.002 and I get the red light but no upgrade. Drone is fine. Can not get the app to fo to camera. Any ideas

If you leave ot long enought it should switch off by its self. That is if the red light stays on. That is what happen to mine. No update though.

Hi
Also where can I get service on it in New Zealand. Preferably Auckland. Would appreciate feedback.

Try Ferntech NZ Ltd Telephone: 03 384 3815
Email: [email protected]
Address: 5/27 Waterman Place Christchurch 8023
(They are in Christchurch and in Auckland.)

Otherwise try PB technologies, they are in Henderson, Penrose, Mt.Eden, Queen st. Symonds st. (City) Glenfield,

Or try Synergy Positioning Telephone: +64-9-476-5151
Address: 3/52 Arrenway Drive, Albany, Auckland, New Zealand

or: Photohigher Telephone: 64 9 4409898 Address: 4 Cherry Lane, Wairau Valley Auckland 0627
Good luck!

Im about to ditch my Phantom 3 pro. Continued issues with battery voltage. I have new batteries and its still sends out Critical Voltage warnings and lands drone when I don't want it to. Firmware updates are flawed and just not reliable. Would have hoped DJI would have stepped up on these issues. Waiting for GO PRO DRONES to be released.

Im about to ditch my Phantom 3 pro. Continued issues with battery voltage. I have new batteries and its still sends out Critical Voltage warnings and lands drone when I don't want it to. Firmware updates are flawed and just not reliable. Would have hoped DJI would have stepped up on these issues. Waiting for GO PRO DRONES to be released.

GO PRO DRONES will probably go thru the same technical issues as are experiencing with the P3. The customer service may be better, but the development curve on all these flying robots will be quite lengthy--

Look at the promised Solo 3DR-- it is still way behind where they planned it to be and it was supposed to give DJI a run as soon as they rolled it out. I have been fortunate, if you had my P3, you wouldn't even be considering a change, it has been near perfect in performance. You probably got a lemon, which happens in every product line. Wish you better luck.:):)

Guys...

If you are having trouble updating your controller and you are using an iOS device I suggest you update your DJI Pilot app to the new DJI GO app.

After that is completed you can update your controller directly from the new app assuming your phone / tablet is connected to the internet.

The updating process is a very easy two step process. You'll be prompted to download the new FW and then to update your controller.

Here are the instructions from the DJI site:

http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/phantom_3/en/How_to_Update_Firmware_en.

I was skeptical but the update process was easy and quick, about 10 minutes in total.

:harry
I have tried updating the firmware and I am having problems....Any suggestions?

I'm having same issues when its on the new firmware I don't get picture I have another craft with older firmware and it works I think this firmware is a dud
Any other way of forcing the older firmware back I tried the backup bin but it does not work on the latest 1.5.3 any help drone gods out there

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.