Phantom 3 Professional DJI Refurbished $549 Free shipping

Reaction score
I just picked-up a P 3 Professional , DJI Factory Refurb with free shipping from DJI direct for $549 on Newegg.com
My current bird is a Phantom 3 Standard, I normally only get about 1000 ft of distance, and RTH kicks in, also the video on my device is also blocky and lags after about 600 to 1000 ft.
What can I expect with the P3 Professional

They must have taken it down already..

I just picked-up a P 3 Professional , DJI Factory Refurb with free shipping from DJI direct for $549 on Newegg.com
My current bird is a Phantom 3 Standard, I normally only get about 1000 ft of distance, and RTH kicks in, also the video on my device is also blocky and lags after about 600 to 1000 ft.
If you read the box or the advertisement for the Phantom 3 Pro it will tell you all the features.
I'm surprised you didn't do a little research before buying it.

The price on the refurb P3P I saw was 749(705 on Amazon). really would like to find one in the 550 range.

You're aware that the video sent to the device isn't what is recorded on the SD card in the AC? I ask as given your flight location and environment, potentially you could still get blocking / lag with the 3P transmitted video to your device.
As HWCM said, it's a little surprising you didn't research its capabilities before buying it, but rest assured you'll have a bargain AC that'll travel far longer distances with its much improved signal and produce UHD video too.

I can appreciate your inquiry as there is always a difference between advertised and real world results. With few electrical/WIFI interference sources near me I get 10,000ft routinely, line of sight.
I am using a windsurfer type antenna add on. Have had it out 15,000 ft once.

The P3P has a few issue points you should be aware of. The 4K camera has a nickel sized muffin fan on the camera gimbal board; it's effectiveness is up for debate and you are advised to put a small fan in front of the unit when running a bird inside for downloads/firmware upgrades. Overheating this board can produce the dreaded "No Video Transmission" message and a cage match with DJI customer service.(Got it back after 3-1/2 weeks and just clicked over 900,000 ft total distance) Running the camera in 4K adds heat, reduces file size and runs balky on most computers. But you have it if you need it.... File size at 4K/30fps is about 9:21; in 1080/30 it is about 15:20. Get a high quality micro SD card; better yet get two as these can be a source of problems and you need two to troubleshoot one.

Oh yeah, and welcome to the P3P/A forum.

I rather buy the P3 Advanced refurbished... It's around $629 in Amazon. I do not need 4k... I don't have anything in my house that is 4k, plus the videos I make goes directly to YouTube and the majority of viewers watch it in 1080p.

I got my refurb P3P for $579 at the DJI online store in April when they had it on sale. Maybe they will have another sale after the new stuff comes out this month on May 24th...

I have a p3s and pro. You will immediately notice much better range, video transmission and overall smoothness. To me, the camera takes a little bitter picture, but I'm a total photo newb. Its also ore stable at lower altitudes. The p3s feels like a civic and the pro like an Acura lol. I got mine refurbished for 529 which is the lowest I've ever seen it from dji...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4