Phantom 3 professional #2 on it's way

I bought a P3A and P3P from different places to see what would come first. Kept both just incase but the thought of losing one doesn't make me feel any better.

Same. My P3A is rock solid, no issues, P3P has issues but nothing major hopefully the next firmware update will resolve them.

Are you saying you flew at 600 feet directly in line with JFKs runway?

I fly them both equally. At first I only flew the Advanced with my mind set on "it's $300 cheaper so I can crash this one" when $300 means nothing in this hobby. I like 1080p60 more than 4k30 right now though. With 4k, all I keep seeing is trails and tearing or whatever, even with slow movements.

I live right on the main JFK runway so I have to keep it super low over here but that hasn't kept me from having some fun. I pay attention to the plane traffic closely.

Going to Coney Island and Flushing Meadow Park to fly today.

This is right above my house at 600ft. *I DON'T FLY LIKE THIS* This was just to get a picture and see what I am dealing with off to the side when I decide to fly by my house (at 150ft, no more)
View attachment 23462

No I flew slightly off to the side (When they take off they are already turning to the left) after checking the flight paths to make sure I wasn't in the way. As you can see, planes are taking off in the OTHER direction when I went up to take the pic.

Pictures like this are exactly why harsh restrictions will be put on UAVs/drones. My dad is a 787 Captain and my sister is a flight attendant - this pic doesn't sit well with me. Just because the planes are taking off in this direction doesn't mean that can't change in seconds if the winds shift or there is an emergency landing.

No I flew slightly off to the side (When they take off they are already turning to the left) after checking the flight paths to make sure I wasn't in the way. As you can see, planes are taking off in the OTHER direction when I went up to take the pic.

Really? And here I thought flying WITHOUT first checking and being aware of your surroundings was the problem. I could say the same **** for the idiot pilots (yours included) who like to fly extremely low for no reason, or take off at 2am when I am sleeping? Right. I'll delete my account and you can go jump off a bridge.

P3P #2 just arrived :) I can't believe I actually have 2 now..... I love this hobby

Reactions: jcknows0
My grandson and I have discussed dog-fighting with my 2 birds. Oh, wait! I need to go turn in my neighbor for unsafe flying lol!!!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

My grandson and I have discussed dog-fighting with my 2 birds. Oh, wait! I need to go turn in my neighbor for unsafe flying lol!!!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

Should we start calling you Michael Vick ;) too soon?.... yeah probably

Good lord folks.... I just bought a second Phantom 3 Professional as a backup since I just sold my Phantom 2. I can't believe what a nerd I am :)

Anybody else have 2 Phantom 3s "Just in case"???
ah, yeah. Bought the second P3P after my first one crashed. First one is in the shop with DJI awaiting review and then repair, which hopefully will be in about a month.

IMG_1833.JPG

I don't know how much profit you could expect from a used P3P - yeah you might make a hundred or two but it sounds like you really like the Phantom so - not sure why you would sell with the intent to buy a slightly tweaked on later? I, for one, can't imagine being without my drone which is why I purchased a back-up one LOL....
I got two little ones that cost an arm and a leg so I was just trying not to be too greedy. After flying some more today just decided to sell my other P2 + everything to make up the difference. I haven't had much interest in it these past few days despite having 4 batteries and only 1 P3 battery

Reactions: Buckaye
I got two little ones that cost an arm and a leg so I was just trying not to be too greedy. After flying some more today just decided to sell my other P2 + everything to make up the difference. I haven't had much interest in it these past few days despite having 4 batteries and only 1 P3 battery

judging by what you have you should be able to get around 1K for it.... that's what I got...

judging by what you have you should be able to get around 1K for it.... that's what I got...
I sold my first one in pieces (minus Boscam TX and LCD5802) for about 700, after fess 600. I really don't want to have to take this one apart to sell it like I did the last one. Funny thing is same deal used is available again and yet they have no new ones in stock. Tempted to have a backup one but I don't want to be paying interest on my card for both.

Another bonus of getting two Phantom 2 Professionals.... My second one came with 1.9 firmware! I'm not going to upgrade this one and see how it performs compared to the one I upgraded to 2.6. It occurs to me that now with 2 Phantoms I can test upgrades without feeling like I am jumping off a cliff (though I know they are planning to implement a way to roll back based on all the threads on it yesterday)

Just thought I would pass along another good reason to get two... in case some of you are on the fence :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl