Phantom 3 pro won't start says I must update firmware.

Reaction score
Running
Version: 2.8.3
Aircraft: 1.6.40
Remote controller: 1.5.70

Craft has been running perfect zero issues. Today all systems looked fine ready to fly message on but won't start. Did some digging around in the app and say a few rev triangles that said I needed to update the remote controller, battery and aircraft firmware. Is this why it won't start? Is there a way to say reboot and bypass this message and go back to flying with the present firmware versions?

With all the negative reviews and issues I've read regarding firmware updates I was happy just leaving it along but now it won't start.

Thanks for your advice . Jim

Reactions: Waxwings
Running

Craft has been running perfect zero issues. Today all systems looked fine ready to fly message on but won't start. Did some digging around in the app and say a few rev triangles that said I needed to update the remote controller, battery and aircraft firmware. Is this why it won't start? Is there a way to say reboot and bypass this message and go back to flying with the present firmware versions?

With all the negative reviews and issues I've read regarding firmware updates I was happy just leaving it along but now it won't start.
No ... that's not why it won't start.
Your Phantom would run happily with last year's firmware even though you'd get that nag screen message to let you know that more recent firmware is available.

Reactions: dirtybum
Okay that's a relief Imu calibration? I just installed one of those gimbal guards that goes in between the landing legs little carbon fiber thing. ?

While many people report no issues using those carbon protectors, Im wary of them. Carbon fiber is electrically conductive and a fairly good RF and EM shield. I wouldnt want that so close to the compass. On my carbon frames, I always pay attention to position antenna's and compass as far away from the frame as I can. That yours needs at least recalibration sounds entirely believable.

Whoever is making these, should really consider selling kevlar or glass fiber parts. Both are transparant to radio waves and EM. Although really, just weaving some kevlar threads between the legs would achieve the same result with no downsides I can see. Cheaper and lighter too :)

Running

Thanks for your advice . Jim
Relink your RC to your AC....sounds like there is no connection

Update: I calibrated the Imu sticks and compass and removed the carbon fiber gimble protector starts just fine. I think vertigo was right. The carbon fiber gimble protector was too close to the compass and that threw things off kilter. I just removed the cheap little add on and works great. I will find a plastic 3D printer one instead. Thank you very much for your time and input!!!!

You did two things at once, so we don't know which solved the problem.
Can you reinstall the protector and see it that changes anything? I have been using mine since my first flight 6 months ago and never had an issue.

I think it was a combination of a few things. Having installed the gimbal guard a bit too close to the compass I can only suspect was the start. Before checking I simply removed it recal everything and it starts. I already tossed the cheaply made gimbal guard. I didn't check it after I removed it my mistake. I ran right into recalabrating everything shotgun approach. It might have been that all it needed in the first place. I thought it was the firmware. Learning as I move along.

Reactions: dirtybum
I think it was a combination of a few things. Having installed the gimbal guard a bit too close to the compass I can only suspect was the start. Before checking I simply removed it recal everything and it starts. I already tossed the cheaply made gimbal guard. I didn't check it after I removed it my mistake. I ran right into recalabrating everything shotgun approach. It might have been that all it needed in the first place. I thought it was the firmware. Learning as I move along.
One has to wonder how the Inspire manages with almost the whole frame being carbon fiber?

Reactions: AussieScott
I'm leaning more towards the recalabrating is what was needed and not so much the guard. I replaced the guard with a new one and it flys just fine. Learning many things after each flight and reading these post are front row seat at a university! Thanks man

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl