Phantom 3 Pro will not activate

So is dji not charging you for the repair? Have you received the drone back yet?

Brian, the great thing is, they are not charging me! So relieved! I am scheduled to receive it this coming Tuesday (12/13) and I will post an update letting you guys know if it could activate. During their repair process, they are supposed to even do a test flight and quality control, but with how fast they were able to send the unit back to me, I am hoping they really did repair the issue.

When you bought the drone did it already have a warranty package with it or is the manufacturer warranty?

When you bought the drone did it already have a warranty package with it or is the manufacturer warranty?
Just manufacturer. And I told them that I bought from ebay and from a regular seller, not an authorized dealer. Like I mentioned, the only receipt I included with my drone was the one from paypal.

I have my P4P, will try activating tonight, but has anyone tried this: Turn off bird and RC, open GO 4 app, at home screen, click on the upper left corner airplane icon. Log in to your account if you are not already. Then turn on your equipment and see if you can activate. You must be logged in to a good account before you can register or sync your old flight records.

"Activation service error". Sounds like no internet connection on the tablet. Could be that or...........just a few days ago, my brother in laws brand new phantom 3 standard did the same thing so he took it back to the retailer for a replacement and the new bird activated right away.

I received my P3A back from DJI. They packaged it nicely. When I connected it to my phone, it didn't even ask me to activate anymore, they must've done that for me based on the email I supplied. So I was able to immediately go to the camera view. I was able to turn on the motors as well. And I tested it in my living room by hovering it a bit. I've flown "manual" drones so I wasn't worried flying this size inside my house. I was going to test it outside but it started sprinkling; however, I don't imagine there would be problems. Now I can finally play with this thing! :grin:

Well done. You know I have been in this forum for a while and I can't help feeling how lucky/blessed I've been. I purchased my P3S a few months ago from Best Buy and fired right up with no problems connecting etc... I feel so sorry for you guys who have to go through hell to just get it in the air. Good luck and happy flying!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: chorobe
Just got my Phantom 3 Standard.
I followed DJI's Youtube startup video and all is good. First flight was today. Loved it. Link to video

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

To Coltpeacemaker and Pgitug, glad those links/video helped you, but if you are on this thread, then you should know that those of us that have had problems have tried everything by the book and all the "tricks" to get our Phantoms to activate. The simple instructions on your links would not help in our case. It is really a matter of ultimately returning the drone to DJI to get it repaired.

For those of us who don't have a receipt, well there are only 3 options: 1) send it in to DJI anyway and pay to get it repaired, 2) disassemble and try to fix it yourself, or 3) sell it for parts.

Thanks for the comments in any case!

To Coltpeacemaker and Pgitug, glad those links/video helped you, but if you are on this thread, then you should know that those of us that have had problems have tried everything by the book and all the "tricks" to get our Phantoms to activate. The simple instructions on your links would not help in our case. It is really a matter of ultimately returning the drone to DJI to get it repaired.

For those of us who don't have a receipt, well there are only 3 options: 1) send it in to DJI anyway and pay to get it repaired, 2) disassemble and try to fix it yourself, or 3) sell it for parts.

Thanks for the comments in any case!
I just sent mine to DJI last week. Friday. Were you able to track it?

I

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Brian, what do you mean track it? You can obviously track the UPS truck. Then you should get an email from DJI once they receive it. It takes 1 day just to unpack it and put it in their systems. So the next business day, they will send you multiple emails in terms of the stage or repair. They sent me an invoice too but the total was $0 meaning it is covered under warranty. If your issue is the same as mine, I'm betting it will be fixed in 1 day and shipped the next day. You can always go to their repair site and enter your case number, but they don't really give that much information in terms of what they exactly did. You can try calling them (which I did) just to find out what was wrong, or what they replaced, but they really don't go into much detail even then. They supposedly do a quality control check too and test your drone. So when you receive it back it should be good to go. Like I mentioned before, I didn't even have to go through the activation stuff, it just connected and I was able to immediately go to camera view.

Hope this helps Brian!

I was referring to tracking the shipment. I guess I'll check dji website tomorrow. I'm sure we had the same issue so I expect I'll hopefully have the same outcome as you. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: chorobe
It sounds like the tablet or phone is not connected to the internet. Are you sure your tablet or phone has its wifi enabled and you are actually connected to the internet through the wifi? I know it sounds like a dumb question but it could be.

@Great_Lakes, if you look at the previous posts you will know that internet connection is not the problem. Of course that is one of the first things we would check. Believe me those with this issue in this thread have tried everything short of returning the drone to DJI.

Reactions: Great_Lakes
Ok, sorry about that. I thought I had read every post. Anyway, my brother in law just bought a P3 standard and had the same problem. He took it back to where he bought it and made an exchange. The replacement activated ok. So I guess returning it would be the next step. Sorry for muddlying the waters.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav