Phantom 3 Pro will not activate

Did you fix it yet? I went to Drones Made Easy that'sa store here in san diego and they told me that they can't fix it i have to send it to DJI but i dont have the receipt :(

Did you fix it yet? I went to Drones Made Easy that'sa store here in san diego and they told me that they can't fix it i have to send it to DJI but i dont have the receipt :(
I posted a similar thread. I bought a brand new sealed Phantom 3 Advanced. Battery charges, the transmitter and drone power on just fine. My DJI GO app says the drone is connected. But like you, I click on the Camera button and it takes me through the initial activation pages. Then on the last page where I have my email login (which works), I click on Activate and I get a failed activation error. I tried 3 iOS devices (iPhone 6, 6 plus, and iPad Mini 2) and 1 Android device, but they all fail to activate which means something on DJI's end does not like my drone. Maybe they have a list of blacklisted drones that they don't want activated? I don't know. But were you able to resolve this? I chatted with 3 DJI techs online, and yesterday I called on the phone. Of course they made me go through the basic steps but eventually the tech said he would forward my email to the upper level techs who can do some kind of manual registration and for me to try again in 12-24 hours. I seriously doubt it will work. The last DJI tech I chatted with online said I needed to send it in. I bought this on ebay, so if it doesn't work today or tomorrow, I can continue my process of Ebay's guarantee to hopefully get my money back. It is very lame that DJI makes you do this activation which is supposed to link the drone to your account and start your warranty, but there should be a way to bypass this because it really looks like my drone works.

I posted a similar thread. I bought a brand new sealed Phantom 3 Advanced. Battery charges, the transmitter and drone power on just fine. My DJI GO app says the drone is connected. But like you, I click on the Camera button and it takes me through the initial activation pages. Then on the last page where I have my email login (which works), I click on Activate and I get a failed activation error. I tried 3 iOS devices (iPhone 6, 6 plus, and iPad Mini 2) and 1 Android device, but they all fail to activate which means something on DJI's end does not like my drone. Maybe they have a list of blacklisted drones that they don't want activated? I don't know. But were you able to resolve this? I chatted with 3 DJI techs online, and yesterday I called on the phone. Of course they made me go through the basic steps but eventually the tech said he would forward my email to the upper level techs who can do some kind of manual registration and for me to try again in 12-24 hours. I seriously doubt it will work. The last DJI tech I chatted with online said I needed to send it in. I bought this on ebay, so if it doesn't work today or tomorrow, I can continue my process of Ebay's guarantee to hopefully get my money back. It is very lame that DJI makes you do this activation which is supposed to link the drone to your account and start your warranty, but there should be a way to bypass this because it really looks like my drone works.

I spoke to techs for days and chatted with them as well. It was mostly irritating when the phone call was dropped but I did all the things they suggested with no luck. I got the same line you got about the "higher ups" calling me. I'm assuming they cant connect our drones to the servers because they are probably in another country and don't have access. Not sure though. I also got my drone from ebay and currently trying to get the refund. The seller says he knows nothing about them but claims its user error. I can see user error when crashing the drone but to simply activate it...the problem is the drone. I was able to get one of tech support people to give me a case number which states the problem is in the drone and not user error. I sent that to seller and ebay. Ebay requires some kind of proof that the device is not in working order.

Reactions: chorobe
are you doing this from your home? (home internet like CenturyLink, Comcast,..) ? try resetting your ISP modem or just turn it off for couple minutes and turn it back on.
this will give it a different IP address which may make a difference from perspective when connecting to DJI's servers when trying to activate.
another thing what you can try is turn off the wifi on your device you are attaching to the P3 (iphone, ipad,..) and let the phone provider (verizon, sprint,.. whatever you have)
connect to the internet and try to connect to DJI's server and activate.

@hunch, also tried using cellular wifi as you suggested. I did the next best thing in terms of different IP by using a VPN to make my IP look like it is coming from Hong Kong, as well trying other parts of the world. Still no go.

have you tried registering with DJI again with different email address and using that address to activate?
just throwing some ideas i tried in the past to get the bird activated.

have you tried registering with DJI again with different email address and using that address to activate?
just throwing some ideas i tried in the past to get the bird activated.

I used three different devices and three different email addresses. Didn't try the modem thing though. Ill try that now.

@hunch, like brian3180, I tried various emails (1 school, 1 work, 1 yahoo, 1 gmail) and various compatible devices. I just posted in my thread for this issue on whether the Litchi app will just let me bypass the whole activation because it seems like Litchi runs independent of the DJI GO app and people use that instead of DJI GO. Only problem is the Litchi app is expensive and kind of pricey if it ends up still not working because the drone needs to first be activated by DJI.

p.s. I sent an email to Litchi as well asking if this was possible.

@hunch, like brian3180, I tried various emails (1 school, 1 work, 1 yahoo, 1 gmail) and various compatible devices. I just posted in my thread for this issue on whether the Litchi app will just let me bypass the whole activation because it seems like Litchi runs independent of the DJI GO app and people use that instead of DJI GO. Only problem is the Litchi app is expensive and kind of pricey if it ends up still not working because the drone needs to first be activated by DJI.

p.s. I sent an email to Litchi as well asking if this was possible.

That crossed my mind as well. I'm not sure if the drone can be activated through the app though.

@brian3180, I wonder if say, new out of the box, you could straight out use the Litchi app? Or like you are inferring if the Litchi app will say to activate it first with the DJI GO app.

OK guys I tried the Litchi app. It's a no go. The motors will not turn on. I don't get the annoying activate screen so I can actually see the camera view, the satellites, everything, it just won't take off. They told me I could ask for a refund, but I might just keep the app.

OK guys I tried the Litchi app. It's a no go. The motors will not turn on. I don't get the annoying activate screen so I can actually see the camera view, the satellites, everything, it just won't take off. They told me I could ask for a refund, but I might just keep the app.

try with dji again.

@brian3180, ebay declined my money-back guarantee case. They said because I updated the firmware, it is no longer in its original condition and so they sided with the seller. My problem is with ebay not the seller. The seller did ship the product as advertised, it was new and sealed. He also stated that he does not do returns. But it looks like ebay's guarantee forces the seller to accept the return and give me my money back, I think this is wrong. If ebay has a money-back guarantee, and if the seller has so stated they don't accept returns, it should come from ebay's own pocket. Anyway, I'm not going to trust ebay's money back guarantee anymore and will be hard pressed to trust them at all to buy stuff.

My drone still gives me the same activation error but I was able to chat with DJI customer support. They took my information down to process a repair. I just want this working so I can actually fly it! So it looks like that is the road I am going to take. I did explain I bought it from ebay and not from a DJI Authorized Dealer, and he said that was not a problem. For the receipt I gave a pdf of my Paypal invoice.

Reactions: Ray O
I've got the exact same problem with mine and it's the Pro+ so it doesn't use a phone or tablet.
I'm really getting tired of the lack of support, got this last Thursday!

I've got the exact same problem with mine and it's the Pro+ so it doesn't use a phone or tablet.
I'm really getting tired of the lack of support, got this last Thursday!

You may have to send it in for repair. DJI received my repair on Friday, and today, they supposedly fixed the issue and will be shipping it back to me tomorrow. That was pretty fast and it was covered under warranty. Hopefully it really is fixed and I will be able to activate it.

Reactions: Ray O
Wow guys, I really hope I don't have the same problem you have all been having. I wonder if both of your machines were from the same production batch.

Chorobe: I am so happy to hear DJI treated you right and fixed your machine fast and it is on its way back now. Please let us all know how it goes. I am just wondering why DJI couldn't have registered your unit and given you like 5 more days for shipping travel?

Reactions: chorobe
@brian3180, ebay declined my money-back guarantee case. They said because I updated the firmware, it is no longer in its original condition and so they sided with the seller. My problem is with ebay not the seller. The seller did ship the product as advertised, it was new and sealed. He also stated that he does not do returns. But it looks like ebay's guarantee forces the seller to accept the return and give me my money back, I think this is wrong. If ebay has a money-back guarantee, and if the seller has so stated they don't accept returns, it should come from ebay's own pocket. Anyway, I'm not going to trust ebay's money back guarantee anymore and will be hard pressed to trust them at all to buy stuff.

My drone still gives me the same activation error but I was able to chat with DJI customer support. They took my information down to process a repair. I just want this working so I can actually fly it! So it looks like that is the road I am going to take. I did explain I bought it from ebay and not from a DJI Authorized Dealer, and he said that was not a problem. For the receipt I gave a pdf of my Paypal invoice.

So is dji not charging you for the repair? Have you received the drone back yet?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20