Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Phantom 3 pro Video problems

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Igor.camargo7, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Igor.camargo7

i have an phantom 3 pro and i am having problems with the video recorded on the memory card.
    the images are freezing like the computer is slow to read, but i work with a macbook pro with a good configuration.
    Is there any problems with the new firmware update? can it be a internal problem on the camera?

2. RedHotPoker

Well come on in, to the forum. ;-)
    I haven't noticed any interruptions on my video, not with anything recorded nor the video feed on screen while flying.
    Was it like that from day one? Is that sd card faulty perhaps? If it were me, I would try another micro sd card.
    See if that corrects the glitche.

RedHotPoker

3. alokbhargava

Even on mac, copy the 4K video files first and then run. It makes no sense to run files directly from SD card.

4. Oso

Oso

Are you trying to view the videos directly from the SD card without transfering them over first?

5. kingfisher555

I view mine from the sd card. How to you transfer them over. Do you plug the bird into your pc.

6. Oso

Oso

I take out the SD card and put it in a card reader on my computer. Then cut/paste to one of my drives. Probably similar to how most here do it.

7. kingfisher555

Does it make a difference if you view it from the card of if you transfer it to a drive.

8. Oso

Oso

Generally yes since read times for most hard drives are much faster than most SD cards.

#8 Oso, May 1, 2016
    Last edited: May 1, 2016
  9. 4wd

4wd

I've found if using a card reader it has to be a USB3 version to play from the card although the download speed does not seem strikingly faster.

An inbuilt card reader will play direct from the card on mine but I imagine on an older PC might not.
    If it takes 3 minutes to transfer a two minute clip you can guess it won't play too well direct

10. m0j0

The problem is likely to do with the data transfer rate between your card and your computer. If you want to alleviate that:

Get a faster card
    Plug your card into a faster card reader
    Transfer the files to the computer

I have a very fast reader and use very fast cards. I can play the videos directly from the card without too many issues but if I am playing it for someone else and I want the video to be buttery smooth I transfer to the computer first.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

11. m0j0

I use a Usb 3 port, usb3 reader and a quick card. I can play it without issue.. Then again I'm working on a self built video processing station.. I don't transfer video I'm not going to use. I just view it from the card.. I also view my videos in the field on my Nvidia shield.. It plays them very well.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

12. Igor.camargo7

i downloaded to the computer already

13. Igor.camargo7

everything is on my computer already, the card is an 64, 90 fps really fast card.

14. Mat Rix

I have exactly the same problem ... after update to latest firmware 1.8.80 ... and it is not related with card reader ... after moving file to mac .. problem still exist ... it seems that video is damaged