Phantom 3 pro transmitter firmware fail (my fault)

Reaction score
Upgraded the firmware from factory to latest version today. Drone upgraded easily but..... the transmitter was shut off by my 8 year old during the firmware update after a minute or two. APP says there is no problems and I am able to fly it but I'm a little worried I didn't get it all. I've tried multiple different ways multiple times to redo the update but nothing happens. How do I find out what version the transmitter is on and what are your suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
jon

Upgraded the firmware from factory to latest version today. Drone upgraded easily but..... the transmitter was shut off by my 8 year old during the firmware update after a minute or two. APP says there is no problems and I am able to fly it but I'm a little worried I didn't get it all. I've tried multiple different ways multiple times to redo the update but nothing happens. How do I find out what version the transmitter is on and what are your suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
jon
If the app status screen show normal and no upgrade required messages-- you should be golden.:)

jon comes, unfortunately, the DJI GO app only shows the firmware version for the Phantom. It would be awesome if it showed the firmware version for the remote controller and battery too -- but, I digress...

If you want to be sure your remote controller is updated, the best way to do so is by attempting to install the latest firmware again. After the installation completes, you can view the generated TXT file on your memory card to see the result. It'll either show you that your remote controller already has the current firmware or that it installed.

If needed, here are detailed firmware installation instructions:
HOW TO: Install Phantom 3 firmware (if using DJI GO) | DJI Phantom Quadcopter Forum

Reactions: Kenneth Gundersen

Thanks in advance,
jon

Have a read.. Not sure if its going to help...

DJI Forum|New P3P-update firmware??

GL 300A:Please try to update GL300A remote controllers by using a USB drive/ SD card adapter or connecting the aircraft gimble port with the controller via a USB cable. If you fail updating with these two methods, please connect your controller with your app (meanwhile keep the aircraft off and keep your mobile device connected with the Internet), then turn on your app, go to camera-aircraft status, download and install the firmware and the remote controller will be updated (More than 15 remote controllers in China have been updated in this way).

GL300B:
Remote controllers whose model type is GL300B can only be updated on your app, however, according to the survey, the updates failed in the following three conditions:

First, The remote controller turns off automatically, then the first led light on it turns cyan. And when you connect your remote controller with your mobile device again, the app says no signal, and there’s no notification that says the remote controller needs to be updated.
Solution: It’s possibly because the 1765 module on the remote controller fails updating. So please press these four buttons on the remote controller at the same time, namely, C1, C2, Recording and the Scroll that adjusts ISO, meanwhile, spare another finger to turn the remote controller on (don’t let the other four fingers go), then turn on the app and you’ll be able to download the firmware again and please follow the steps on the app and the remote controller will hence be updated. (More than 10 remote controllers in China have been updated in this way).

Second, the app fails updating the remote controller and the first led light turns red.
Solution: please update on your app again. (More than 2 remote controllers in China have been updated in this way).

Third, the remote controller won’t update any ways.
Solution: the 1.2.0 Android app has this bug that no matter your firmware is latest or not, the app will ask you to update the remote controller. The new DJI GO Android app will solve this bug. (Many more remote controllers in China have been updated in this way).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan