Phantom 3 Pro Tilted Horizon

Having the lock on when the bird is on is not good, can after time burn motors, as the servos cant freely move. But a short "Oh Crap" then take off or shut down shouldnt have done any damage.

Yes I have been in touch with R&D about the issue.. Currently the only fix right now is to calibrate the craft while COOL and making sure it's perfectly level when doing so. Sometimes it will take 3-4 cals before you get satisfactory results.

After my firmware upgrade yesterday, I did another IMU calibration after carefully checking for level on the surface I used. I still see some small levelness problems, but they are much better than before. I don't think it was the firmware, but rather that I got a better calibration this time.

Chris

Reactions: 30secs
I have the same issue even was patient and did all FW updates and all calibrations kinda pissed for what this thing cost. Purposely got mine through Amazon cause their return policy is bad a$$. I feel like I shouldn't have to settle for is for the price. Kind of upset. But if I return and get the same issue.... What then?

I was told by Kevin Hale @ Drone Fly in Los Angeles,ca where i purchased the P3P regarding the tilited horizon;

that DJI will not be fixing any if the tilted horizon gimbals unless the SD card Sim slot card needed repair.

On Aug 25, 2015, at 10:30 AM, Kevin Hale <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello Rick,

My apologies, I have been in talks with DJI as promised. At this time they don't consider that tolerance issue to be one which necessitates the craft being swapped seeing as it is easily remedied in post. At this time they are only approving direct swaps for camera/gimbals which have the reported the SD card seating issue.

-Kevin

P:805.480.4033 M-F 9am-5:30pm Pst Sat10am-3pmPst

(ext. 108)

Email: [email protected]

www.dronefly.com

The comment he made above that the tilted horizon is easily remidied in post is misinformed I think. I don't shoot my professional footage with tilted horizons when I start a shoot for obvious reasons. Trying to fix tilted horizons in full frame 4k footage is not easy and it's TIME CONSUMING if it can be done at all. So I guess I'm being told to go pound sand by my dealer Drone Fly and DJI and I'm stuck with this out of the box defective tilted horizon line gimbal P3P.

On Aug 25, 2015, at 10:30 AM, Kevin Hale <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello Rick,

My apologies, I have been in talks with DJI as promised. At this time they don't consider that tolerance issue to be one which necessitates the craft being swapped seeing as it is easily remedied in post. At this time they are only approving direct swaps for camera/gimbals which have the reported the SD card seating issue.

-Kevin

P:805.480.4033 M-F 9am-5:30pm Pst Sat10am-3pmPst

(ext. 108)

Email: [email protected]

www.dronefly.com

The comment he made above that the tilted horizon is easily remidied in post is misinformed I think. I don't shoot my professional footage with tilted horizons when I start a shoot for obvious reasons. Trying to fix tilted horizons in full frame 4k footage is not easy and it's TIME CONSUMING if it can be done at all. So I guess I'm being told to go pound sand by my dealer Drone Fly and DJI and I'm stuck with this out of the box defective tilted horizon line gimbal P3P.
That is very disappointing to hear. I am one of those who have been plagued with a tilted (drifting) horizon. I have been hopeful that a fix would eventually come for all similarly impacted. It sounds like my faith was misplaced.

I do agree with you big time that fixing an ever changing horizon in post is quite a chore. So much so that I record much less video than I had hoped when I purchased the P3. Obviously fixing a still image is easy, but video another thing altogether.

At least with 2.7k coming for the P3A, editing in post still results in a nice quality video even if it might take hours to fix a bad horizon.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1