Phantom 3 Pro Takes long time To Connect to RC

Reaction score
So I have two P3P(s).
One I used for months and one I just took out of the box.
I got it as a spare so to speak. I got it on a good deal.

So the one I have used for months was my first one.
Since I have it I often have an issue where it takes a while to connect to the RC.
I try various things. Different orders of powering up the RC / the bird.
It always eventually connects and I dont seem to have an issue flying once it is connected.
I have flown this bird out 19k ft with a windsurfer.
So as far as I knew, this was how the phantom was.

So I crack open the newer one, set it all up etc.
That problem does not exist. I power on the RC and the bird and it instantly connects.
I have tried various ways to connect them and I have not been able to make the newer bird/RC do that.

I did try to connect the newer RC to the old bird and it seems to be the RC that is the problem.
It technically is still under warranty but two weeks ago I modded the old RC with an ItElite MaxxRange kit.
Oops.

My point of this is. Has anyone heard of this? Any chance there is a fix?
Or just Chalk it up as a defective RC?

Also where is the cheapest place to get a new RC?

Thanks in advance.

If you're talking about connecting to the GO app you'll need to calibrate the IMU again. However, this time the aircraft needs to be be cold prior to doing the calibration. All precautions need to be taken making sure you keep it the aircraft as cold as possible before selecting the button to start the calibration. Set the GO app up before removing from the refrigerator or freezer. Then remove the aircraft and power it up on a level surface and select start.

Edit: Btw, your issue may have something to do with what firmware is loaded in the R/C in question. You can compare the P3X_FW_LOG_AB.txt file that is in the hidden MISC folder on the microSD card between each controller.

Last edited:
It connects to the tablet just fine. This is expected as it's connected via a wire. It says "please connect your aircraft". A lot of people get confused about this. When this happens it means the bird and the RC are not connecting. The status light on the RC (green/red) indicates whether the RC is connected to he bird or not.
It always eventually connects bit takes literally 30 seconds to 3 minutes. Where as the "newer phantom 3" I have connects instantly each time.

:(

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

There could be issues, we never know. First thing is that get all the SW/ FW to the same level for tablets and RC.

Next follow the sequence of starting :

RC on>>>>AC on >>> wait for led on RC to get green >> switch on tablet with USB cord connected. Get good cord, that also creates issues many times.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Techcop50
The order in which you bring the components online DOES seem to make a difference, to me. Now I always power the aircraft LAST, after the remote and Go app are up and waiting. No problems as long as I do it that way.

Reactions: Great_Lakes
The order in which you bring the components online DOES seem to make a difference, to me. Now I always power the aircraft LAST, after the remote and Go app are up and waiting. No problems as long as I do it that way.

Go App should be brought up last as it may not be able to get you the camera view if it's a fresh installation and aircraft is not connected to RC. But it's sequence will not matter if it was at least connected once :)

Reactions: Techcop50
Go App should be brought up last as it may not be able to get you the camera view if it's a fresh installation and aircraft is not connected to RC. But it's sequence will not matter if it was at least connected once :)

Yes, I agree with this and this has seemed to help many times. However when I started using the newer one I noticed it NEVER had a problem and it never mattered the order.
It seems to always connect almost instantly as soon as I turn on the RC. I just wanted to see how widespread this is. If it's common then perhaps its just something that is ok.
I was worried this was not usual and was worried I had a defective RC.
(which would have been bad since I also just modded it)
Also before anyone mentions, the issue existed before I modded it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik