Phantom 3 Pro Stress Crack Reinforcement Plates

Reaction score
I am so pissed having to send back my P3P for the 4th time for stress cracks around the arms and motors. There are so many plates out there and I'm looking for anyone that can recommend a set that they have had luck with. Thanks everyone!

Thanks Gary I'll check them out. All 4 times it has been the left front motor, no crashes and always hand catch. I have a P2V that I learned on that has had it's fair share of crashes but never a scratch and my P4 has never had an issue. I love the P3P except the **** stress cracks!

I was curious if the prop guards would effectively distribute the pressure and double as a plate. I have a pair off amazon that are quick release. (Orange and black generic) I dismissed it but these cracks could lead to serious damage if not taken care of. I'm gonna inspect my p3p for cracks

The pro guards only cover 4 the screws however not the full 6

Sent from my SM-G935T using PhantomPilots mobile app

Have flown my bird only a coulle of times and today i saw one small crack on each of the front arms, I'm thinking of coating ether then inside of arms or outer shell with epoxy, what do you guys think?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using PhantomPilots mobile app

I was curious if the prop guards would effectively distribute the pressure and double as a plate. I have a pair off amazon that are quick release. (Orange and black generic) I dismissed it but these cracks could lead to serious damage if not taken care of. I'm gonna inspect my p3p for cracks

The pro guards only cover 4 the screws however not the full 6

Not sure on the prop guards as I don't use them but a good question.

Have flown my bird only a coulle of times and today i saw one small crack on each of the front arms, I'm thinking of coating ether then inside of arms or outer shell with epoxy, what do you guys think?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using PhantomPilots mobile app
Might do the trick but there goes your warranty.

I am so pissed having to send back my P3P for the 4th time for stress cracks around the arms and motors. There are so many plates out there and I'm looking for anyone that can recommend a set that they have had luck with. Thanks everyone!

Buy the Strong Arms from Infinity Hobby. I've been using them on my P3P for a while now and no cracks. They are very well made, fit great and easy install and look good to, If you're seriously thinking of using a Strong Arms then these are the ones to get, u won't regret it...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Mike Drone7
Buy the Strong Arms from Infinity Hobby. I've been using them on my P3P for a while now and no cracks. They are very well made, fit great and easy install and look good to, If you're seriously thinking of using a Strong Arms then these are the ones to get, u won't regret it...

Awesome thanks DPD. The P3P is awesome but the cracks drive me nuts 4 times now WTF.

Not sure on the prop guards as I don't use them but a good question.
I inspected my p3p and no cracks around the motor housing and however my phantom is only 3 months old but without knowing I was putting a lot of stress on them (like stopping completely from windsurfing at 56 mph or instantly turn around while going fast)

I would very much like to get the real product to reduce stress but I really do enjoy my prop guards and how they look on my drone also it's easier to see. To the OP I don't mean to hijack your thread but I figured they are pretty much the same question.

Reactions: Mike Drone7
No worries thanks for the input and good luck with them. I'm leaning to aluminum plates if I can find them for a US seller. I fly pretty hard but have turned the active breaking down to 80% and still got the latest crack. Number 4 ARGH!!!!

Reactions: dirkclod
Awesome thanks DPD. The P3P is awesome but the cracks drive me nuts 4 times now WTF.

I've read so many threads about cracks, people have different opinions on why it happens. I bought mine on amazon. I've had them on for almost a year now, but I paid $37 for them, I think there around $22 on Infinity Hobby website. IMO they are worth every penny..

No worries thanks for the input and good luck with them. I'm leaning to aluminum plates if I can find them for a US seller. I fly pretty hard but have turned the active breaking down to 80% and still got the latest crack. Number 4 ARGH!!!!
How long have you had your phantom for? I didn't touch any settings that have to do with braking and I've had my guards since my second flight. Unfortunately now the DJI Go app crashes every time I start it and it sometimes reboots my phone. Did research and nothing fixes so I'm going to be grounded for a while before I get a supported device instead of my Galaxy s7 edge. So I cannot adjust settings any more or even see what it's set to.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj