Phantom 3 pro + Samsung Gear vr

Go to app store get package disabler pro and Google cardboard. Go on disabler pro and check box for gear vr service. And go to go

I use gear vr with note 4 work great. Use it most of the time now

How do you use it? I got Litichi working but when I plug the usb from the RC to the Gear VR, it won't connect. I believe the USB in the Gear VR is for power only and won't transfer data. How did you get around this?

Download pack disabler pro and Google cardboard. Go to disabler pro app and check the box for gear vr service. Go on to litchi and tap the goggle. No plug in to anything.

Download pack disabler pro and Google cardboard. Go to disabler pro app and check the box for gear vr service. Go on to litchi and tap the goggle. No plug in to anything.

Have you actually tried this? That simply doesn't work. Without the cable you get no video/data from your controller.

Back to square one :mad:
Are there any working combinations of P3P/A with VR glasses without drilling holes in the glasses or using a separate HDMI output on the RC?

Let me see if I can clear away the fog. This is for Samsung Gear VR ONLY and any Samsung phone that can normally use the goggles. You have to disable the GEAR VR app on the phone with a free app listed earlier. Once that is done you can insert the phone into the goggles WITHOUT having the GEAR VR software startup (which it will do unless you have disabled it like I say above). This was the stumbling block until it was discovered how to disable the software via that disabler app.

The Litchi app has a VR interface (small pair of goggles icon on the upper right side of the screen) that you can run on your phone once your are connected to the bird. Once it's running you can put your phone into the goggles, Litchi stays running, and you are all set.

WARNING, You are limited to what Litchi will allow you to do though. Head movements can move the camera and your hands control the bird via the remote. That's about it. You really have no user interface to interact with once Litchi is running with the VR mode engaged.

Reactions: 0utlier
Let me see if I can clear away the fog. This is for Samsung Gear VR ONLY and any Samsung phone that can normally use the goggles. You have to disable the GEAR VR app on the phone with a free app listed earlier. Once that is done you can insert the phone into the goggles WITHOUT having the GEAR VR software startup (which it will do unless you have disabled it like I say above). This was the stumbling block until it was discovered how to disable the software via that disabler app.

The Litchi app has a VR interface (small pair of goggles icon on the upper right side of the screen) that you can run on your phone once your are connected to the bird. Once it's running you can put your phone into the goggles, Litchi stays running, and you are all set.

WARNING, You are limited to what Litchi will allow you to do though. Head movements can move the camera and your hands control the bird via the remote. That's about it. You really have no user interface to interact with once Litchi is running with the VR mode engaged.

Are you saying that litchi will communicate wirelessly with the controller once you make the initial connection?

Are you saying that litchi will communicate wirelessly with the controller once you make the initial connection?

Like any Phantom flying, you have a tablet or a phone connected to your RX/TX via a USB cable. Thus, Litchi is connected to your phone via a USB cable between your phone and your RX/TX. Your phone is running Litchi and Litchi's interface has an icon that will change its UI into a VR implementation. Stick flying via FPV via goggles.

Hope this was decipherable!

I have both the advanced and the standard, I can use the standard without a cable. The advanced I have to use it plugged in. I bought some super cheap vr goggles that allow me to use the cable.. I'll post a link to them if when I get home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it works and I've flown using my VR goggles, I've used litchi which has the goggle symbol on top right click on this and phone screen changes into two small screens, this is how you view fpv by putting phone into back of goggles, phablet size phone is best as fits exactly.
There some other fpv programs on playstore like dji fpv, it's a shame this option isn't in dji s GO app...
But with connecting fat sharks say with the hdmi mod you can also connect the tablet and revert back to that screen when you want, I haven't found a way to have both with VR goggles which is obviously the cheaper option, I found it a bit pixelly and am hoping to try Samsung new VR 3 goggles which should have better lenses than my cheap $15 ones

Incorrect the rc will not connect to the phone through the VR the USB port on the VR is charging only if you want it to work that way you need to disassemble the VR remove the ribbon cable connecting the USB male and female ends and replace that with a pass through USB if you are using a phantom 3 Advanced or Pro if you're using a standard you've got nothing to worry about

That only works if you're using a phantom 3 standard that will not work on a phantom 3 Advanced or professional

I have a P3S now, the connection is by wifi and no cables needed I use the litchi VR setting as there isn't one on the go app. There is also DJI VR and other programs to FPV and I've tried a few and all worked on my cheap VR goggles I looked at getting some better ones like the Samsung ones but was told they only work with Samsungs ....
Does anyone have these goggles working with another make of phone?
The lightbridge P3 s connect by cable by usb to FireWire apple or micro usb android advantage is you still have wifi free to use ie to cache maps and advantage on standard is there no cables that can come out.
I've tried all the phantoms and think the standard at half the price of the advanced the Best Buy , and it's the same quad appart from lightbridge , so I've got an argtek range extender coming for it...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl